2 din car stereo that is android friendly?

65cobra

Reaction score
I am looking at a getting a new stereo for my pickup. It looks like streaming pandora from BT or even the aux jack works on most but I want to also see my google maps and nav from my phone on my car stereo is there a player that does this? everything is iphone ready of course. I have a droid razr maxx

2 of the frontrunners

jvc
Amazon.com: JVC DVD-CD-USB 6.1" Screen Bluetooth KWAV60BT: Car Electronics

pioneer
Amazon.com: Pioneer AVH-X2500BT 2-DIN Multimedia DVD Receiver with 6.1" WVGA Touchscreen Display: Car Electronics

Hey I have the razr original smartphone and I also have the pioneer avh 5500bhs and for some reason the USB mode doesnt work food it so I dont think you should go with that one

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Best Buy has an Andriod friendly DD in stock. i think it was Alpine, not sure.

Azle

I went with the pioneer, I mostly like to stream Pandora, its very buggy but doable, I have to set it to Bluetooth audio then Pandora, it works ok, but takes monkeying around all the time. the usb cable I have not spent much time with yet, but it thinks my android is just a shuttle device.

I went with the pioneer, I mostly like to stream Pandora, its very buggy but doable, I have to set it to Bluetooth audio then Pandora, it works ok, but takes monkeying around all the time. the usb cable I have not spent much time with yet, but it thinks my android is just a shuttle device.

Did you ever get Google Maps to work?

Did you ever check Crutchfield? My Alpine CDE 147BT has a Pandora mode. Works good with my S3. It's a single Din.

no never got google maps to work. for Pandora I start off with Bluetooth than switch to Pandora its the most consistent way to make it work

the usb cable I have not spent much time with yet, but it thinks my android is just a shuttle device.
23.gif

Back