A sucked clean and hot battery

cutiedroid

Reaction score
Using my hotspot and netbook for a few hours this afternoon I noticed that even tho my battery was charging, the icon on the notification bar decreased to about 20 percent (turned to orange) after a very short time and stayed like that. I was on line for about 5 hours. The phone got really, really hot in that interval. Then near the end of the session the battery began to charge again and gradually cooled of to normal use temperatures. I guess I just never noticed this all the other times I've used the hotspot, so is this normal behavior?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums and SlideIT

I don't know about others, but anytime I used the Hotspot feature on my phone, it made the battery cook from heat, thus making it harder to charge as well. That's why I only use it at 30 minute or so intervals, if at all.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Well, there's a way to get around it with a laptop. Like, it's a laptop. It most probably has Bluetooth. Therefore, why not use Bluetooth Dial-Up Networking instead of wifi?

Also: it probably isn't called “hotspot” just for show ;)

I'm using a netbook, not a notebook, and it doesn't have Bluetooth installed. And I wouldn't know how to use Wifi with it even if it were installed; this is the first I'm hearing about this process. As I mentioned, maybe I'm just noticing how the battery responds to strong Wifi use.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Back