As Expected A Note FE Teardown Reveals It Is Truly A Refurbished Note 7

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-note-fe-europa-jpg.77654

For whatever reason Samsung is refusing to call the refurbished Note 7 devices Note 7s and instead is calling these devices the Note FE (Fan Edition). I can understand the reasoning behind this. With all the bad press surrounding the Note 7 they wan't to distance themselves as far away as possible. However after a recent teardown of a Note FE device we know for sure that this is indeed simply a refurbished Note 7 with a smaller battery. The guys over at iFixit found that the Note FE contains a 3200mah battery instead of the original 3500mah battery and that the antenna pattern has been slightly reworked. The device is also 2.3 grams lighter than the original Note 7. Hopefully the smaller battery was the change the phone needed to prohibit explosion.

via ifixit

Attachments

• Samsung-Galaxy-Note-FE-Europa.jpg
    Samsung-Galaxy-Note-FE-Europa.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 2,655

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I am shocked it is actually a refurbished note 7 :)
I'm not, if they didn't do this they'd have lost a ton of money and that's a ton of trash. Better to refurb and repurpose... a bunch of these were probably never even used so they can't really be considered a refurb... just reworked.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Samsung also manufactures heavy military equipment, so explosive is just a byproduct of the company.