Battery is horrible.

Garbagedogup

Reaction score
Thunderbolt rooted, das bamf, juice defender, barley use data. The phone can hardly hold a charge from 8 AM to 8 PM. Please help, this is outrageous, even the fact that i have to manually change my phone to make it work well.

ANGERisMYgift

Reaction score
Honestly, 12 hours isn't horrible for a smart phone. I'm rooted with stock sense and battery saver beta kernal, set CPU set to on demand and get between 14 and 18 hours. I live on the fringe of 3g and 4g so radio constantly switching. If u want a phone that last 2 or 3 days between charges, I've got an old LG dare I'll sell ya, lol

Rooted stock overclocked to the speed of light

alboboy10

Reaction score
Honestly, 12 hours isn't horrible for a smart phone. I'm rooted with stock sense and battery saver beta kernal, set CPU set to on demand and get between 14 and 18 hours. I live on the fringe of 3g and 4g so radio constantly switching. If u want a phone that last 2 or 3 days between charges, I've got an old LG dare I'll sell ya, lol

It's horrible. My friend's iphone was pushing through the whole day and he keeps bluetooth on ALL day long. The biggest battery saver for him was when the screen was off. My battery goes slowly even when the screen is off. His didn't nudge. My battery drains so quick on stock battery when my screen is on it's not even funny. It's ridiculous how bad the battery is actually ESPECIALLY if I leave GPS and bluetooth on (as he has it). My phone wouldn't even last a 1/4 of what his iphone was lasting during heavy use.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Yeah It's pretty bad. I hate seeing the battery percentage drop as I'm reading through web pages. Yesterday it dropped from 12:30 to 1:30 to 80% and that was from making a 2 minute call and listening some songs already on my phone.

AND it's the 1600 extended battery. I remember with my Droid 1 listening to music hardly made a dent on my battery. I know this phone is much more powerful but it's still pretty ridiculous. Regardless, I love the phone, but I think I'm gonna have to get the 2700 battery as much as I'll hate the way it looks with it.

RVC

Reaction score
Mine stays at 100% all day....even in the car!! I have 4 chargers though.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

leonozug

Reaction score
My friend had a Thunderbolt, but took it back after a week cause the battery life was so bad. Small battery and LTE just don't mix. You shouldn't have to charge your phone but once a day. Totally ridiculous.

REARless

Reaction score
Well since you are posting in the hacks section, you should be rooted. Change your mobile network to CDMA - 3G. You will have a charge for days.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Moved to battery section, and if you need more than 12 hours try getting an extended battery. I am using das bamf right now and I have not dropped below 70% in 12 hours. Also let me suggest this: During the morning unplug your phone for a few moments then play with it, then plug it back up while you get ready for work/the day. Grab it agian and tinker with something then plug it in once more. Then when you get into your car plug it into your car charger. Basically you bumped charged it with out turning it off, because you did not turn it off you probably not gonna get as full of a charge as you would with a bump charge, but for me it works fine I am at 100% for and hour or 2. Cuz normally when I take it off the charger first thing in the morning it will drop to 96 or 95 %.

OP
G

Garbagedogup

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. But really, you shouldn't have to charge a phone more then once a day. Regardless if its a smartphone, the battery should be made bigger then. I'm in no way an apple/iphone/whatever fanboy but their battery is just fine. My phone is over a month old now, or at least out of the 14 day warranty, is there any way that I can return it for a refund or exchange phones? I love the phone, but the battery kills it. This is just ridiculous.

qoncept

Reaction score

Yes, it is. I've had a Blackberry Curve, Droid, Droid X and now a Thunderbolt. The Thunderbolt is the only one with terrible battery life. I totally regret getting it instead of another Droid X when my wife's phone died. With the 2750mah extended battery the phone is usable. Without it, I might as well leave the phone at home.