Battery on GS4 w/lolipop

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Here's the only screen available under "Battery"

Screenshot.png

KaosMaster

Ok. So how long does the device last? You can get 5 hours if the screen is on the entire time max. 2 days off standby. Look again after you discharge the battery more..it will show more then

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Ok. It seems to last just a little less than with 4.4.4. But maybe it's my imagination. Everything seems to move faster with 5.0 Other than that, I don't see much difference with the new OS. I do like the "recent apps" feature.

leeshor

Gold Member
My S4 went from an average of 40 hours on a charge to around 30-35. So there is definitely a difference but I'm very peculiar about what happens in the background. It is a little disappointing considering Lollipop was supposed to be an improvement in resource management.

Reactions: cr6

MarkS1110

My S4 went from an average of 40 hours on a charge to around 30-35. So there is definitely a difference but I'm very peculiar about what happens in the background.

I went in to the app management and disabled about a dozen apps then restarted the phone. After that the battery life seems much more reasonable. Try that and see if it helps you too.

leeshor

Gold Member
I went in to the app management and disabled about a dozen apps then restarted the phone. After that the battery life seems much more reasonable. Try that and see if it helps you too.
I don't feel I have a problem. Already have 8 or 9 apps disabled. SOP