Beginner ROm developer starting advice

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
im hoping after setting up my startcom server and ubuntu laptop i might have enough of a grasp to lend a hand every once in a while

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
Weapondrift

Weapondrift

Reaction score
im hoping after setting up my startcom server and ubuntu laptop i might have enough of a grasp to lend a hand every once in a while

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

thats what Im looking forward to doing...as soon as i am able to get an actual android device....which to me is like having a computer without a screen, or a car without a steering wheel.

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
first I really need to get a hand on Linux, for two reasons. I was laid off my last job so now while I am looking for a new one I see that Linux servers are real popular, second Android is basically Linux.

Besides that I think its just cool, if I can get this running then I might be able to open my FTP site open again and possibly start my own domain. I am a Windows user and this stuff is way confusing right now.

PSU

Reaction score
Wow, look at all the old school Omniacs that have switched over to droid. I guess my switch was a good one. Guess I need to find a computer that I can put linux on so I can start to tweak...

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Just save yourself headache and stick with 32 bit.

kitcostantino

Reaction score
I watched you guys do amazing things on the Omnia and Im stoked to know you are working on Android. much respect to each of you