Bluetooth lag!

Phreaker47

Reaction score
I have the t-mobile version.

There's about a 2-3 tenths of a second sound delay with bluetooth audio. I have confirmed this on both my BT headphones (Moto S11) and my new Kenwood car stereo. You can see it with video and watching someone speak. When I disconnect and play on the phone speaker, everything syncs back up immediately. Strangely though, I just tested my moto elite sliver headset and I'm NOT getting the lag on that, or at least, it's virtually undetectable.
Really disappointed with this discovery. Hope there's a fix or will be soon.

OP
P

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Tried every which way to narrow this down and/or find a different culprit but it has to be the phone. My old phone didn't have this problem. This is really disappointing because this is a big feature for me.

Tried unpairing/re-pairing, local vs. streamed content, different apps/sources, you name it. It doesn't lag through the phone speaker. It lags HUGE with BT audio.

Huge effing issue. Can someone else reproduce this?

OP
P

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Can anyone either reproduce this or confirm it doesn't happen for them? Nothing I've tried (short of a factory reset which I'd like to avoid) has helped.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Sounds like a Sammy issue. You may want to contact Sammy support and ask if they are aware and if so what are they doing about it.

OP
P

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Wow. Just tried a live chat at samsung. After about 20 questions asked and answered, she concluded that the problem is that my bluetooth devices are not made by Samsung.

Just wow.

OP
P

Phreaker47

Reaction score
I'm going to pair my Vita to the car stereo tomorrow and play something on netflix. If I can get no lag from that, I'm blaming the phone.

wcjeep

Reaction score
I'm using a cheap BT device from Amazon plugged into the mp3 port of car stereo. No YouTube lag. No locally stored movie lag. No lag when connected to plantronics head set. Vzw S5

OP
P

Phreaker47

Reaction score
I'm using a cheap BT device from Amazon plugged into the mp3 port of car stereo. No YouTube lag. No locally stored movie lag. No lag when connected to plantronics head set. Vzw S5

Thanks for the feedback. Well I did my Vita test. Paired it to the car stereo and played the same clip from Netflix I was testing before. NO lag.

You know what, I do have an old aux port dongle that I was using with my old stereo. I'll test that too, but either way, I'm getting more and more proof that the phone is the problem, since my car stereo is definitely capable of playing BT audio in sync from another source.

OP
P

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Thought about exchanging the phone but I reproduced the issue with a co-worker's S5, so that settles that. Just have to hope they fix it, but I'm probably screwed. I don't want to start all over with a new phone just for this, but it does suck.

I suppose it's possible that Kenwood could release a firmware update for my stereo as well, but I didn't see one available now. Again, other devices I have can play things in sync on this stereo, but anybody I would try to get support from will just play the blame game on the other guy's equipment.

Last edited:

nwheel

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
I am having the same issue. But mine is like a 3-4 second delay on all audio through my bluetooth in my car. This is a huge issue when using navigation because the audio to tell me to turn goes off too late now.

Did you happen to find a fix for this?

wildpetals

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung note 4 2014 edition
Twitter
@wildpetals
I have the samsung note 4 from 2014 edition. .the lag is driving me bonkers. enough to want me to give up my phone. my samsung galaxy iii did not do this on the same bluetooth device. parrot. it was seamless. now it is about 5 seconds before and after.. and when the gps says.. next right and 10 seconds later says next right, it is so annoying to listen to the darn radio.. also, it clicks.. then goes silent, the says whatever... then clicks and goes silent 5 more seconds!

and why is the wireless on SOMETIMES preventing synching.. the synching is SOOOOOOOO SLOW too. my last phone( gal iii) it was pert near immediate. i could see i had my phone in my purse before i left the driveway because it would sync that fast.

there is definitely something off with the phone. WHAT IS IT? IS THERE A FIX???????? HELP.. Please :)

thanks so much for your help! smiles your way..