Cell phone calls dropping in and out sound

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I have a Samsung s21 ultra and my calls have been going in and out
Verizon support says bad connection to cell towers but I have seen a lot of articles that it was the Samsung Android update from June or July 6 I just got another update today July 29

Anyone on this forum having this issue

Also sometimes clicking hang up it takes a while to hang up

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm having no issues with calls on Verizon here in NY ...I do notice their data service is a little off sometimes in fringe areas where it is way better in earlier years ...

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

No problems with a S22 using Verizon towers (via Tracfone) if I connect to a tower. However, the S22 uses a different modem.

No issues either using an S22+ connecting to Verizon towers via Xfinity.

I'm having no issues with calls on Verizon here in NY ...I do notice their data service is a little off sometimes in fringe areas where it is way better in earlier years ...

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
It's only with phone calls not data the voice calls cut in and.out randomely

I have a Samsung s21 ultra and my calls have been going in and out
Verizon support says bad connection to cell towers but I have seen a lot of articles that it was the Samsung Android update from June or July 6 I just got another update today July 29

Anyone on this forum having this issue

Also sometimes clicking hang up it takes a while to hang up

Why not accept Verizon's explanation? And then ask when they will fix. And you state you have seen "a lot of articles that it was a Samsung update," what articles, I follow a few android online mags almost every day and have seen nothing in regard to the latest update causing calls going in/out.

Why not accept Verizon's explanation? And then ask when they will fix. And you state you have seen "a lot of articles that it was a Samsung update," what articles, I follow a few android online mags almost every day and have seen nothing in regard to the latest update causing calls going in/out.
Here is the article

Good. Missed that one. Let us know if the August update fixes the problem.

Seems better

Back