Cracked Screen

Steve H

Reaction score
Last week my wife got a new Razr Maxx. Today she tells me her screen is cracked, Said she thought she saw a crack when she got it but didn't tell me. I call Verizon................no luck. I have to file with Asurion and pay the deductible to get a reconditioned replacement. This phone has not been dropped nor abused, crack just showed up. Anyone have any experience with unexplained screen cracks? I thought a while back this was a common problem one one of the earlier Droids.

very rare. You probably needed to catch in the first day of use because there is no way to prove it. This is like buying a new car and going back the dealership a week later saying the hood had a huge scratch.
They can crack my wifes maxx is cracked from my daughter biting it. Its been cracked for about 6 months no issue besides the way it looks.

I heard other people said their MAXX screen cracked, too. Why is MAXX screen so easy to crack?

I use a manual wheelchair due to a birth defect. I ran over my phone, facing up with my back wheel. No crack. I was impressed. I probably weigh 200 lbs, not exactly sure how much pressure 1 wheel puts onto it, particularly for a half of a second.

Kids, don't try this at home...if you have a wheelchair or are in one. LOL

But seriously, sorry to hear your screen is cracked. Good luck with getting a replacement.

Back