Custom Bootanimation

Tepes

Reaction score
So, back on the good ole D1 we were able to change the bootanimation without root just by using ADB to drop it into data/local. Do we think this will still work? I miss my boot. If so, what would be required? the Droid 3 SDK? What do we set the usb to? PC mode? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As a side note, since the current boot has sound do you think we could also drop our sound into the Data/local and have it register?

No it wont work because the bootloader is locked on the D3. You'll have to wait for root

CM74DX

I never really realized how lucky we truly were with the OG. But I am definitly enjoying the new power of my D3 :)

Sent from my Hitchhiker's Guide mark 2!

I know what you mean the OG was amazing in its own way. I would miss mine if the D3 wasn't so damn smooth and sexy

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

I know what you mean the OG was amazing in its own way. I would miss mine if the D3 wasn't so damn smooth and sexy

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

I do miss mine. It was an amazing phone. In fact I still use it as a media player on wifi for pandora and google music while at work. Plus I can still mess around with roms and all those goodies till they unlock the bootloader on my Droid 3.

Back