Freshly Rooted Droid

OP
I

iFlippy

Reaction score
Yeah, well, I figured that's the only way to oc through squidly's rom? Since SetCPU doesn't actually bring push the peak speed of the cpu. (Correct me if I'm wrong but it was stuck at 1ghz before the custom rom, and only at 1.3ghz when I set the cpu at that speed through terminal, so I assume that it's just for cpu management rather than actual cpu pushing.

So I'll take your word and I guess, I'll OC then wait a few minutes before doing anything crazy. I appreciate the feedback as usual

OP
I

iFlippy

Reaction score
I don't get why I can't keep my phone oc'd to even 1.2Ghz. After a few minutes, the phone would start to lag up and eventually restart.

I don't know if I did a bad install of the rom or if it's the actual phone's hardware. I'm thinking of just doing an sbf and then do the custom rom.

thebird36

Reaction score
Did u mount the system before installing? Do you still have root?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
I

iFlippy

Reaction score
Ummm...I'm currently in the processing of sbf and I don't know if I mounted it to the system or not. Anyways, I ended up uninstalling my ONLY launcher by accident. Upon reboot, the phone would be stuck on the red eye. I couldn't get into recovery mode in whatever method I've tried so I turned to sbf.

Problem is that I got stuck on the red eye again so this is my second attempt to sbf.

OP
I

iFlippy

Reaction score
Okay, I did a hard factory reset. Hopefully, I'll see some progress.

OP
I

iFlippy

Reaction score
Hard reset worked after the second, but successful attempt to sbf. I'm currently in the process of getting it reactivated.

thebird36

Reaction score
Hard reset worked after the second, but successful attempt to sbf. I'm currently in the process of getting it reactivated.

kk lemme know how that goes i've found that someone had a red eye problem it would be stuck on it and they replaced his phone ill help u with the next attempt at the rom

btw MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP! thats how i nvr sbf anymore lol
making a nandroid backup is the exact first thing u should do when you root and have bootstrapper on. if you need help with that just ask! i'm here till 7:30 est then im jsut eating dinner then i'll be right back on at like 8ish est

OP
I

iFlippy

Reaction score

kk lemme know how that goes i've found that someone had a red eye problem it would be stuck on it and they replaced his phone ill help u with the next attempt at the rom

making a nandroid backup is the exact first thing u should do when you root and have bootstrapper on. if you need help with that just ask! i'm here till 7:30 est then im jsut eating dinner then i'll be right back on at like 8ish est

Yes, everything is back in working conditions though I should have probably sbf'ed with the deoxed version. Oh wells.

I appreciate the help though. In regards to Nandroid, I can't recall if that was covered in the tutorial but I guess it was and I just overlooked, along a lot of other important parts, which of course probably eventually lead to my phone's bricked condition.

On the other hand, I believe I did do a backup, though I'm not sure if that's what you call a nandroid, but I could not get into the recovery console when booting up.

But alas, my phone is working and I can start the process all over again.

thebird36

Reaction score

Yes, everything is back in working conditions though I should have probably sbf'ed with the deoxed version. Oh wells.

I appreciate the help though. In regards to Nandroid, I can't recall if that was covered in the tutorial but I guess it was and I just overlooked, along a lot of other important parts, which of course probably eventually lead to my phone's bricked condition.

On the other hand, I believe I did do a backup, though I'm not sure if that's what you call a nandroid, but I could not get into the recovery console when booting up.

But alas, my phone is working and I can start the process all over again.

yeah it was covered in there and nandroid is pretty much a backup of your current phone you need to be rooted for the recov and have bootstrapper when you do that first thing you wanna do is go to backup and restore on recov and click backup i assume you know how the recov works? like the volume buttons and such. Anyway then when you get there i can help you from there

lpulle

Reaction score
nandroid

How can I find if I did a nandroid. I think I did a backup but not sure - is it to late now after being rooted for a while?

thebird36

Reaction score
Go into clockword recov (reboot recov) go to backups and restore click on restore and see if there is a backup on it if not then u didn't make a backup

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App