Having problems updating a new stock Incredible to 2.2

Rettocs

Reaction score
Hello,

I just got an Incredible and when I check "System Updates", it shows that I have 2.2 available. So I click download, and the progress bar quickly fills up, but it says "Android Update Requires a Restart". The only problem is that I have manually restarted it multiple times and this sequence is all it does. It never asks me to restart for itself. So, I went and searched how to manually put on 2.2, but after step 7 of this following procedure, it says it couldn't find the files and other errors.

Manually Update Your Droid Incredible to Android 2.2 (Froyo) | Android Phone Fans

I have file in the root of the sdcard, and came from the original droid, then the fascinate, so I understand how the update procedure is supposed to work.

My question, obviously, is why is my Incredible immune to 2.2 updates?

Any advice at all would be a great help!

Is it a new or used Inc? If it is used you may need to check if it was previously rooted. I bought mine used, followed the Un-Rooting instructions found in the Inc forums, then did a factory restore.

I'd expect after a restore there should be no problems

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Well, it was "new" as in refurbished, but in packaging and all of that jazz. No signs of rooting, such as superuser permissions, etc.

Back