Help! SD Card

JenniferO

Reaction score
I just purchased an unlocked Motorola Flipside and the SD card is seen and mounted but I can't transfer anything to it and my phone keeps saying "low system memory" or something like that. I've gone into Applications - Manage Apps and gone through each thing listed to "Move to SD Card" but that options is grayed out for all of them. How do I transfer things to my SD card?! Even Galley "Move to SD Card" was grayed out. Nothing can update because the phone claims there's no more room. Help, please? :(

Also, I am incapable of downloading picture messages. I've had this problem from the very beginning.

Very frustrated and hating smart phones more and more.

Welcome to the forum

There are multiple questions/possibilities. First. you didn't say how much space your phone says is left on the SD card. secondly you may have a bad or corrupted SD card (test on a PC with a card reader). Thirdly, some apps were not intended to be able to move to SD.

Welcome to the forum

There are multiple questions/possibilities. First. you didn't say how much space your phone says is left on the SD card. secondly you may have a bad or corrupted SD card (test on a PC with a card reader). Thirdly, some apps were not intended to be able to move to SD.

A little less than the 16GB because of the basic automatic formatting. I did test it in a computer and it functions properly. I now know that some apps aren't able to move to SD. What am I supposed to do about apps that need/want updating and can't because of low phone memory? A lot of these updates are so incredibly small and the phone claims there's no room. Is this a flaw on Motorola's end? I have one app that I installed myself that didn't come with the phone. I uninstalled all others because the phone started getting sluggish. The basic pre-installed Youtube app has never functioned properly. I can only watch videos through the basic browser and sometimes not even then. Still can't download picture messages but can receive and view them through email at least... :/

Back