im rooted... now what?

dannymarz

Reaction score
ok, im a noobie that just rooted my droid 2... now what? im not sure what i can do or how to get it. ive tried scolling around the forum to find out but everyone is talking way too technical for me. i jailbroke my itouch and it was pretty easy to get free apps and custom themes, but i cant figure out what to do with my droid.... someone please help.:icon_eek:

Check out the Droid 2 rom section. Add arom, theme, Overclock, wifi tether etc.

Making a backup before you make any changes to the OS is critical. A solid backup can save you hours of work and frustration.

What recovery system are you using?

Recovery system? Not sure, how do I check that?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Sorry for the delayed reply. I needed to research something. SPRecovery will not work in the Droid 2 so you need to use Rom Manager/ClockWork.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I needed to research something. SPRecovery will not work in the Droid 2 so you need to use Rom Manager/ClockWork.

thats my problem.... when you say "use rom manager/clockwork", i have no clue what it is, where to get it or how to use it.i would love to learn more about all this. is there a section that teaches the basics of using a rooted phone that speaks to "us" less technical users in a less technical way? or maybe a reference section for technical terms that ive seen in the forums like rsd lite, rubix, motoblur, blackice, sprecovery, roms...etc.

Last edited:
Download droid 2 bootstrap from the marketplace. That will get you a custom recovery image which is how you flash roms.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

If you can't find what you want or still have questions post a thread in the Droid 2 section and we'll get you help.

Mike

You'll need both ClockworkMod Recovery, which as we all know can only be installed from within ROM Manager, and Bootstrap to backup and install ROMs.

Back