installing apps on GB 4.5.588

mikey4226

Reaction score
For some reason I'm having issues installing apps from my sdcard. I saved some .apk files on my sdcard that I would like to reinstall. However, when I select the .apk file in Root Explorer (even the stock file manager) it goes to the window that has an "install" button and a "cancel" button. I try to press "install" but nothing happens. It doesn't highlight when I click it and it doesn't install. I CAN click "cancel" though, so I don't really understand why the "install" button doesn't work. Does anyone know what's going on here? Thanks!

I do have both of those turned on.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

If it's a sys app, it can't be installed that way. If it's a protected app, prob can't do it that way either...

DX {Rub¡X BlurGin}

Even apps like droid 2 bootstraper can't "install." I have the .apk file for the d2 bootstraper since DX bootstraper doesn't work with GB. I don't remember anymore, but I think the only way I was able to install D2 bootstraper was immediately after I SBF'd to 2.3.340, and before I flashed 4.5.588 so that the app was still there. However, after I flashed 4.5.588, I am not able to install apps from the sdcard anymore. Does anyone else have this issue or know how to resolve it?

Then I would say back up w/e you want & do a factory reset (settings/privacy/) or stock recovery/factory reset.

DX {Rub¡X BlurGin}

Back