Is there a GUI Based Root in the works?

Arachnidus

Reaction score
I'm having trouble rooting manually, ADB's stubborn and I'm no good with a command prompt, so bottom line question is, does anybody know of a GUI based root that's out or coming soon? The X has one, and with all the progress made on the 2 so far, I'd expect it.

It's a given. Just give it time.

I'd put the over-under on a timeline at two weeks.

Even if they do come out with this, I think the command line is a better root if you can get it done. My brother has a Droid 1 and the Universal Androot and Easy Root doesn't seem to work. It took me an hour and a half to run the command line root on my Droid 2 and I kept having problems. But, I stuck with it and it finally worked.

plus with the command line root it gives you experience with things like adb shell. how to push files and pull them. that is great stuff for a newb

Those type of one click root apps are very unreliable. Manual methods are much better

I'm having trouble rooting manually, ADB's stubborn and I'm no good with a command prompt, so bottom line question is, does anybody know of a GUI based root that's out or coming soon? The X has one, and with all the progress made on the 2 so far, I'd expect it.

Did you use this thread?

xda-developers - View Single Post - How to root the Droid 2

I've formatted it to be as simple as possible. Just follow the instructions and copy the commands exactly!

And if you run into any trouble, we are here to help you! I check here and the XDA thread often.

Back