LG G3 vs Samsung Galaxy S5, HTC One M8, Nexus 5, iPhone 5s: Camera Comparison

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
LG-G312-300x246.jpg

We're about two weeks away from the rumored release date of the LG G3. The LG G3 has made the strongest hype, this year, in the Android market, and its release in the US market, is greatly looked forward to. In times like these, there’s nothing better to have a comparison of such an awaited device with the flagships on sale already. If the “Clash of the Titans” excites you too, then you've come to the right place! In the article, we take a look at pictures snapped from the LG G3, the Samsung Galaxy S5, the HTC One M8, the Google Nexus 5 and the Apple iPhone 5s.

Camera comparison between the smartphone giants

We have seen one of such camera comparisons before as well, so be sure to have a look at that too. We only looked at one sample image from each of the devices and we're doing the same today. Also do check out the source link at the bottom of the page too, to have a look at all five different pictures from all five of these flagship smartphones. Sadly, these images below aren't full resolution, but cropped pics. In any case, they should be good enough to sample from, as long as you're looking at the details.

LG G3
LG-G3-Galaxy-S5-One-M8-Nexus-5-and-the-iPhone-5s.jpg

This first image is taken from the LG G3. We can see how well the camera has focused on the up-close flowers. We also see a brilliant contrast of the colors, depicting a brilliant color reproduction. Another thing that I like about this image is, how well detailed the flowers are, especially the veins inside the petals.

GS5
LG-G3-Galaxy-S5-One-M8-Nexus-5-and-the-iPhone-5s1.jpg

Here we have the Samsung Galaxy S5. The image looks to be a bit further away when compared to the LG G3. We aren’t sure if this is just a difference in the distance of the smartphone, or the difference in the resolution settings in the 2 pics. But from the pics that we have at hand, the LG G3′s pics seem to come out much more detailed than that of the Samsung Galaxy S5.

HTC One M8
LG-G3-Galaxy-S5-One-M8-Nexus-5-and-the-iPhone-5s2.jpg

This is the HTC One M8. This image is a lot darker than the other two and we’re starting to see less detail of the veins inside the petals. They're still there, but we're just seeing less detail; making the quality evidently lower than both the LG G3 and the Galaxy S5.

Nexus 5
LG-G3-Galaxy-S5-One-M8-Nexus-5-and-the-iPhone-5s3.jpg

Here is the pic by the Nexus 5, which in terms of detail, is at par with that of the HTC One M8, but looses in the focus department.

iPhone 5S
LG-G3-Galaxy-S5-One-M8-Nexus-5-and-the-iPhone-5s4.jpg

Lastly, we have the Apple iPhone 5s. I think this device shows off the green foliage quite nice, but the detail in the petals is perhaps the lowest among all these devices. Note that, photography can be subjective at times so I will let you decide which one you think takes the best pictures. Each device seems to have it’s own strengths and weaknesses.

What do you think of the pics by these devices? Which in your opinion is the best?

Source: Droid-Life

Caesars

Reaction score
I'm really excited to see iPhone 6/note 4/s5/g3 comparisons.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk