Motorola Droid Turbo 2 Survives 900 ft Drop With Only a Cracked Corner [Video]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-turbo-2-900-ft-drop-test.jpg

Some YouTube Videographers got hold of a Motorola Droid Turbo 2 and decided to put the supposedly shatterproof "Shattershield" technology to the test. They strapped the thing to a small drone, and rigged a method to drop the phone remotely. They flew the drone to a height of 275 meters (900 feet) and let it go.

Amazingly, the phone survived the impact and was still fully functional, with only a dented-in crack in one corner. Obviously, this is an unrealistic height for the average person to drop their phone, so suffice it to say, the phone should easily hold up to a drop from a regular height. In fact, it is likely the phone would be just fine even if dropped from 2-3 stories, so it could be the perfect phone to own if you do construction/roofing for a living.

Enjoy the video in the thread below and be sure to drop buy our dedicated Motorola Droid Turbo 2 section for further discussion on this incredible device: Motorola DROID Turbo 2 | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Here's that video of the extreme drop test for the Motorola Droid Turbo 2:

And that is why I bought my dad a Droid Turbo 2, and recommended it for a friend. For those who have smashed screens, this is a welcome addition.

The fact that the smashed corner also worked and didn't cause the rest of the screen to stop working is to me the most impressive part.

Didn't I already share this somewhere before?!? :mad:

I think so...I think I asked if you were going to try it with your new phone. It's always fun to watch it a second time though.

I was more impressed with the Drone than a phone, that thing was very stable at high altitude.

Didn't I already share this somewhere before?!? :mad:
Yep... It looks like you shared it previously here: 300 YD Fall | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Sorry, but it's impossible for us at HQ to see every single post @PereDroid! It seemed like a cool news story to me, so I shared it too. Just be flattered that we think alike.

You have great taste in Android related entertainment and info. It's one of the reasons I like promoting your posts to the front page from time to time. ;)

(Just messing)

Good to share with the masses that don't hang in the Turbo forums. :D

Black Soft Grip. I like it better then the Ballistic Nylon.

TapaTurboII

Love this commercial. Listen close to the announcer as the phone is dropping.

Back