N00b help - ota'd - missing apps

macnab

Reaction score
First off I am still a droid noob, so I may be missing some basics that vets no longer bother mentioning. I appreciate your patience and help.

Tonight I just SBF'ed from rubix 1.9.0 (back to 2.3.15 SBF) so that I could get the system OTA, so that I can eventually move to 1.9.5. and forward.

After getting the OTA I was thinking I would live/suffer with the factory ROM for a couple days, test the HDMI output (I bought a cable and never used it with Rubix), mainly because I want to test the other side of the fence before I load the latest rubix.

Issue: some of my apps are not re-installing themselves on the OTA ROM:
- my barcode reader app
- root explorer
- z4root [I grabbed the APK for this one and did it myself]

Is this because I did not buy these apps via the market? I don't recall how I got my barcode app, but I know I just DL'ed (and paid for) Root Explorer via barcode.

How best to go about getting my missing apps back in place? I thought my google account backed my apps up?

Thanks,
Mac

====

EDIT: Ummm, so the n00b hit the menu button while in the market, and selected "My Apps". All seem to be downloading now. :)

(Why would some apps come down automatically before, and some wait for me to do this?)

====

Edit 2: Blur is ridiculous. 1.9.5 goes on in the morning.

Last edited:
The market will hold your item as "purchased" or "installed" Did you get titanium backup??

I had some apps that were stuck in “starting download" mode. I had to cycle the radio and wifi to get them going. It's all good now.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Were you in an extended area? I went out of town for two days and tried a couple ROMS while I was gone. It was the biggest mistake ever.. It took about 20 minutes per app to download... And for some reason wifi wouldn't help it along either..

Back