Noob would like some help......

rmadison76

Reaction score
I have a few questions if someone or anyone can help me. I am a noob or what I call myself is a F*cktard :icon_eek: lol

1) How do I tell what generation of the Droid X2 I have? Or are all of the X2's considered 2gen? Hence the X2 maybe? Just wanted to be sure.
2) Since the Droid X2 originally comes with GB (Ginger Bread) and I have the latest of 2.3.5 will ICS 4.x.x work on this by rooting it or will I have to go with Honeycomb's 3.x.x latest version? I have been searching to see if ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) would work on mine but have been unable to find anything besides it would not be getting the update from android but doesn't mean someone out there figured out a way. ( I hope)
3) What are some of the best ROMS for the DroidX2? That you have used or currently use and like?
4) And I am looking to see if I can find how to get free and working tethering if anyone has been successful.

I apologize in advance if these questions have been asked before and I am asking them again only because I have been searching this site for hours with no success. I know I am a noob about all of this but I am just wanting to do the same thing as I did before on my Iphone 3gs before I switched carriers, I may not be asking these questions right either and I do apologize for that as well. But my friend uses this site for his phone and he was not sure about mine however told me to just check it out. I do thank you in advance for any help anyone is able to provide. And Again TY in advance :hail: :hail: :hail: !!!!

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
1) How do I tell what generation of the Droid X2 I have? Or are all of the X2's considered 2gen? Hence the X2 maybe? Just wanted to be sure.
take battery out, look for model MB870 is DX2, MB812 is DX
2) Since the Droid X2 originally comes with GB (Ginger Bread) and I have the latest of 2.3.5 will ICS 4.x.x work on this by rooting it or will I have to go with Honeycomb's 3.x.x latest version? I have been searching to see if ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) would work on mine but have been unable to find anything besides it would not be getting the update from android but doesn't mean someone out there figured out a way. ( I hope)
no because of the locked boot loader the kernel is not changeable, honeycomb is for tablets
3) What are some of the best ROMS for the DroidX2? That you have used or currently use and like?
there are some ics roms, here but not full functioning
most popular roms are [h=1]Eclipse v2.3 (7/25/12)[/h] ,
and [UPDATED 4/20][ROM]CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC1 X2 [BETA] - xda-developers
eclipse is the only rom that is 2.3.5, all the others you need to be on 2.3.4
[How To] Root DX2 2.3.5/1.3.418 magic md5 method - xda-developers

HowTo: Perform a SBF ("factory restore") of your Motorola Droid X2 - xda-developers

[TOOL] ezSBF DX2

and my ever growing My Collection of Links to FAQs, SBF, ROMs, Guides,...
4) And I am looking to see if I can find how to get free and working tethering if anyone has been successful.
barnacle wifi tether works on eclipse
I believe built in wifi tether works on cm7