Re-Rooting Frustrations

ctbrewski

Reaction score
So, I rooted my Droid 1, then flashed cm 6.1.2. It all went fine, but I installed without ADWLauncher, which I regretted. So, I installed ROM manager Premium and tried to re-flash cm 6.1.2, but upon reboot I had neither ADWLauncher, nor root access anymore. Now, when I run ROM Manager I get an error message: "You must root your phone for ROM Manager to function. Superuser was not found at "/system/bin/su" or "/system/xbin/su"" I re-ran through the steps on the WIKI to root the Droid, but it didn't work. Finally I did some Googleing and tried SuperOneClick, which installed a Superuser icon, but it still doesn't work on ROM Manager.

This is driving me nuts! :icon_eek: What am I doing wrong!?

So, I rooted my Droid 1, then flashed cm 6.1.2. It all went fine, but I installed without ADWLauncher, which I regretted. So, I installed ROM manager Premium and tried to re-flash cm 6.1.2, but upon reboot I had neither ADWLauncher, nor root access anymore. Now, when I run ROM Manager I get an error message: "You must root your phone for ROM Manager to function. Superuser was not found at "/system/bin/su" or "/system/xbin/su"" I re-ran through the steps on the WIKI to root the Droid, but it didn't work. Finally I did some Googleing and tried SuperOneClick, which installed a Superuser icon, but it still doesn't work on ROM Manager.

Sorry man, but it might be SBF time. You can flash Raidzeros Recovery Only SBF and there's a root option within RZR (the recovery)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Sorry man, but it might be SBF time. You can flash Raidzeros Recovery Only SBF and there's a root option within RZR (the recovery)

+1 Sounds right... it might be that your Rom manager didn't install properly.

If you want to go that route there's a link in my sig to the RZR thread, which contains the SBF I was talking about

I used 1.7

Interesting thing though, after I used it then clicked on the Superuser icon, it told me it needed to update to a newer version, which it then proceeded to download, then failed on the update. In looking at the downloaded file, it was a 0 byte file.

I uninstalled the superuser app, and now SuperOneClick won't even run. It errors mid-process immediately after "Getting mount path..."

Back