Rooted phones and the new update

Iv looked everywhere and haven't found any info on the new updates effects on rooted allys. I'm just going to ignore the new update notification until more info becomes available.

More immediate question. How do I prevent the irritating reminder from popping up every 10 minutes?

taken from xda-developers
icon1.gif
How to disable Verizon's future OTA updates

To turn OFF future OTA updates, there is a file in the /system/etc/security folder. The file is named "otacerts.zip". Rename it "otacerts.zip.bak", or whatever you want. That will prevent future updates.

You can change that filename using ADB, the root explorer app, or a terminal emulator app of choice right on your DROID. I use root explorer because it is easy and fast. But that's just me...

Using Root Explorer... If you are using Root Explorer to do this and it says "the file system is read only" Just touch the white button at the top that says "mount r/w" and then try it again.
I just tried this and I haven't seen a reminder, but it's only been a minute. I'll check in later with proper results.

Ok so i went ahead and took the update. After the update root seemed to be gone(i tested by trying to run Wireless Tether). I then ran SuperOneClick and phone is now rerooted.Took me like 5 minutes. So far no issues

Cool good to hear

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums

Ok so i went ahead and took the update. After the update root seemed to be gone(i tested by trying to run Wireless Tether). I then ran SuperOneClick and phone is now rerooted.Took me like 5 minutes. So far no issues

Cheers, I DL'd the update, but not the "small app". Nothing installed and the reminders went away.

Back