Seidio Extended Battery. .. at 1% for last 12 hours

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't even know whether to post this as an issue or just an observation, so let's just call it an interesting observational issue.

I have had the Seidio 2600 mAh/3.7V battery for a while, but haven't used it, but based on the much improved battery life I was experiencing on the Bugless Beast 0.5 ROM, I thought it would make sense to try out the big battery.

Last night at about 9:30 pm I saw the battery meter (Battery Left PRO) show 1% and in my attempt to get the app to calibrate effectively by running the battery down to the point that it shuts off, I let it sit over night. Well to my surprise, I get up today and the Droid is on and still show 1%. It is now after noon (EST) and the phone still shows the 1% (and the perpetual annoying red LED), but the phone is still working fine and the battery has been draining for over 30 hours now.

If only I could either get the battery to calibrate accurately (and I have seen threads elsewhere indicating that this is a challenge) or be able to shut off the blinking red LED, that would be great.

I've had the Seidio 2800 battery for my Droid since it became available and I never found a way for it to calibrate correctly. I found that I had to reboot and it would then read correctly for a while.

I've had the Seidio 2800 battery for my Droid since it became available and I never found a way for it to calibrate correctly. I found that I had to reboot and it would then read correctly for a while.

Does your battery still work as good as when you first got it?

Back