Sim not recognized

Villainous

Reaction score
I have an LG Revolution, 12 days old, rooted.

LAst night i plugged in my phone and it would not charge, after trying several chargers, i decided to do a hard reset. I do the hard reset and now the Sim card is not being recognized. When i turn the phone on, it is waiting for activation, I can't get any further than that. I took my phone to the verizon store and they tested out my sim card in another phone and it worked fine. I can't unroot my phone because superoneclick can't recognize my phone, I think I need to turn on usb debugging and change it to "internet connection" but I can't access those options because the sim card activation screen is the only thing it lets me do.

I went and got a brand new sim card and it still gives me the same message, wont recognize the sim.
Any thoughts?

Thanks for any help

RIO5

Reaction score
When I did the master reset...it killed my phone. My old SIM card and a new one I got from the store did not work. That meant something was wrong with my phone. Maybe the same could be said for you but I didnt root my phone tho.

OP
V

Villainous

Reaction score
I was give a suggestion and it worked, just wanted to share the update with everyone.

I pulled the sim card out, powered it on and let it try to activate. it told me to insert my sim and try again. i put the sim in and powered it on again and it recognized the sim perfectly! now it's on the "please wait until your phone has been activated and restarted" screen, it's been hanging here a while, but that is still much progress from any earlier attempts.

johnacjo

Reaction score
This problem of not recognizing sim is experience by few phone users. Because when sim card does not make a perfect contact with the socket. Also when sim card is not properly inserted in the phone by you. Sometimes this problem occurs because there is any defect in the phone. To outcome this problem please restart the phone.