Since the last Android update my Razor Maxx HD won't update E:mail unless I make it

Are you referring to G Mail, the stock E Mail app or a Play Store mail app?

I'm using Comcast.net E:mail. I have it set to refresh every 15 minutes but it doesn't do it unless I force it manually. I've had the phone for a year and never had this problem until they did the last Droid update a few weeks ago.

Every once in a while, I'll notice when I pull the home screen down that I have a "background data restriction" notice active. It says tap to disable. I tap it and email starts working normally. I don't know what causes that to happen, and it doesn't happen often.

I'm using Comcast.net E:mail. I have it set to refresh every 15 minutes but it doesn't do it unless I force it manually. I've had the phone for a year and never had this problem until they did the last Droid update a few weeks ago.

That's odd since there was no mention of e-mail changes in the last update. Like turbodave suggested, do you have any Smart Actions in place that would restrict background data? Or any other app running that restricts data?

I haven't changed a thing since I got the phone a year ago.

I am assuming you have the Comcast account setup in the default E Mail app? Or, does Comcast have a mail app on the Play Store?

I am assuming you have the Comcast account setup in the default E Mail app? Or, does Comcast have a mail app on the Play Store?

I'm using the default E:mail app in the phone.

I'm using the default E:mail app in the phone.

I have had the same three accounts setup in the stock E Mail app for several years on several different phone models and not had many issues. The one time I had an issue with outgoing mail I just removed the account and re-added it to the E Mail app. If you know the account settings, it's usually pretty quick & painless to re-add the account; provided your mail resides on their server and not on your phone only. If your mail is pulled to the phone only I would not suggest removing the account, but if you are only viewing from your phone it should not hurt anything to remove & re-add the account. It might just need a refresh.

I have had the same three accounts setup in the stock E Mail app for several years on several different phone models and not had many issues. The one time I had an issue with outgoing mail I just removed the account and re-added it to the E Mail app. If you know the account settings, it's usually pretty quick & painless to re-add the account; provided your mail resides on their server and not on your phone only. If your mail is pulled to the phone only I would not suggest removing the account, but if you are only viewing from your phone it should not hurt anything to remove & re-add the account. It might just need a refresh.

Hmmmmm! I might give that a try. Thank You!

Same as turbo dave for me I have the same issue after update

Back