Themers please

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
Can any themer for the DROID X please post "HOW TO's"
here for those of us trying to learn something . I myself Im trying to change the red text in this drop down bar but cant seem to find where .
I tried to follow a way for the DROID but the the file status_bar_extended.xml located in layout of the framework-res doesnt give you the option to find the 08 00 00 1c / I think the method I keep trying n finding which are for the DROID arent the same for the DROID X . can anyone help ,

Last edited:
I'd also love to see a tutorial on how to change the text color/font in the notification curtain. I was also looking at the Droid method, but it was a little over my head and couldn't get it to work.

Yes this would be really cool

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

RK,
Followed a process on Android Central I believe it was with the 3 xml files but theirs was as you said for Droid not Droid X. I did notice that when you go into Hex editing and hit F7 I find all 3 locations in one xml, none in the second and 2 in the third. I do not know if this is because it is droid to droid x difference. Hope all is well and pm me if you get a chance.

Hex editing is really NOT the way to go when editing .apk XML files. You should be decompiling / modifying / recompiling the .apk instead. MUCH easier and wayyyy more reliable.

Really new at this part of it can you point me to a thread for the steps.

All is completed, ran color changer jar last week and mission completed. Thanks bouchigo over at XDA for the help.
aefc1118-3b65-332f.jpg
All

Back