Upgrade Transfer

smileboot

Reaction score
Hi all wondering if someone here with verizon experiece could answer a couple of questions for me.

So here's the setup:
Line 1: DROID X2 with Unlimited - Upgrade Available
Line 2: DROID X2 with Unlimited - Upgrade Available
Line 3: Feature Phone - Upgrade Available

So....
I want to upgrade 1 (or both) of my Droid X2's. However I don't want to retain my Line 3 (i have no use for it anymore and want to ditch it).

I know its possible to transfer an upgrade to another line and have the contract apply to the donor line(yay 2 year lock in for UDP). However what I can't figure out is how to use/initiate that donation of an upgrade to a line that already has its own upgrade.

So if anyone with experience with this kind of thing could give some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

i understand what you are saying but dont understand the point of it.

line 1 and 2 cant use an upgrade by any means, or you will loose your unlimited data.
you could use an upgrade on line 3 then transfer the phone to either 1 or 2 if you wish, but there will be a new contract applied to line 3.
the only other way to keep unlimited on line 1 and 2 is, buy a new phone out rite or from an online site like Swapa, then put it on line 1 and/or 2.

when i buy new phones, i wont even give them my account information until the sale of of my new phone is completed on a generic store account, so there is no way they can screw up my unlimited plan.

Back