Use of an outboard microphone

kevindeehowell

Reaction score
I'm new here, and I hope someone can help. I'm a journalist working on new techniques for mobile newsgathering, in particular the capabilities of the Razr MAXX (which I love). Here's what I'm trying to do: I want to use an external microphone for audio during HD video camera recording. I've have tried a variety of two-, three- four-ring adapters to plug my mic into the headset jack, but the camera continues to use the built-in mic. It doesn't switch to the headset jack as an input the way it would if you had a headset plugged in. Is there any way around this? Again, the goal is to use a handheld or lavalier mic as an audio input source during video recording. Any pointers would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Welcome. I have no idea about your question. But I'm sure someone with more knowledge will chime in.

Hello and welcome!

I have to plead the fifth as well but hopefully someone will be able to provide some feedback!

Welcome to the site. While I understand your question, I have no solution and will also have to defer to someone more knowledgeable.DancingNexus

Back