Solved Used space increased after migrating data to "internal"SD

21Gabriel21

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
Formatted a 128 Gb samsung sd card as internal shared storage then when phone prompted to migrate data i did , after this my phone is more full than before. Setting>Storage>Internal shared storage shows same numbers as my internal memory showed before which is 64 Gb almost full while Setings>Storage>Samsung SD card shows crazy numbers like 137 Gb used out of 256 and 130GB used for system , 5GB for apps with 0 apps on it etc. How can i format the SD as portable again without having to reset my phone? Is it possible to somehow migrate any system data thats on the SD back to phone storage so i can format my SD without messing up the phone? I would apreciate some help, thanks.

I would onnect to PC and move data if possible to computer .. possible card is corrupted

Note10+

Formatting an SD card as Internal storage is never a good idea with Android, it never seems to work well...as you have noticed. Hopefully you can move important data off the card to a PC or some form of cloud storage. But I think all data on an "Internal" SD card is encrypted to that specific card and will not be usable on anything else. I think. Hopefully you can save what you can and then format it as External Storage. Using SD cards as External has much better results with Android; just use it to store files, pictures, music, etc and not merged as one big Internal storage with the phones native storage.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Back