Wallpapers?

Garandhero

Reaction score
Where are wallpapers stored, so I can add wallpapers to my phone?
I had a background in a folder called Backgrounds, from the app - but I could not apply it as my wallpaper - I think it needs to be in the wallpapers section or whatever but I cant find that folder to put it in there...

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Can't you just put them in your picture folder and go to the pic from there and long press and set as wallpaper? Or if you download them from the browser on your phone just go to the download folder and do the same.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
System Wallpapers are stored within the launcher.apk (or whatever it's called on the X) unaccessible without Root Access and some basic Android know how, the best thing to do is to put them in a folder on your SD card named dcim and then pull them fro the gallery

OP
G

Garandhero

Reaction score
System Wallpapers are stored within the launcher.apk (or whatever it's called on the X) unaccessible without Root Access and some basic Android know how, the best thing to do is to put them in a folder on your SD card named dcim and then pull them fro the gallery

It was in my gallery - but when I long pressed nothing happened.... it was in a folder called Backgrounds though not DCIM is that why?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If backgrounds is the app than it made that folder and it should work, are you are pressing the settings key then wallpapers then choose from gallery and trying to choose this wallpaper ?

OP
G

Garandhero

Reaction score
If backgrounds is the app than it made that folder and it should work, are you are pressing the settings key then wallpapers then choose from gallery and trying to choose this wallpaper ?

Thats what I am saying, I go to the that folder, then choose to open the file through gallery and it doesnt work when I long press nothing happens I get no option to add as wallpaper....

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I long press a photo in my gallery along the bottom I get a few options share/delete/more inside of "more" there is a "set as" option this also works

I am on an Original Droid, but it cannot be that different

tkileh

Reaction score
Anyway be got a site or app that has a good variety of high deff wallpapers ?

Maxxed Out!!!

dliontis28

Reaction score
I've always been a fan of zedge. Good quality and a lot to choose from

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
I've been trying to set a new wall paper and for what ever reason after it asks me to crop the photo and I hit ok when I go back to the home screen to see it, the picture is zoomed in and its all distorted. I'm wondering if there is any way to preserve the original image?

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
You have to widen the crop box as far as it will go. Which is the actual width of the screen. That's as big as you can go. If that's not good enough you'll have to resize the original pic.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

VidJunky

Reaction score
It seems that 1440 x 1280 is the correct ratio, but there is a whole discussion over on AC about this question. Some of the posters have offered suggestions for wallpaper apps that may offer you a bit more choice. You get the demintions in post 13 and start seeing suggestions around post 21. Here is the link.