Whats the best bluetooth earpiece under $50

I got the Motorola H715 bluetooth headset. It is the newer version of the H710 that Verizon has for $69.99. I got it from Amazon (not marketplace) for $51.53, but the price at Amazon flucuates between $49 and $53, with free super saver shipping. It is the best bluetooth headset I have found at that price.

I just checked and it's currently $52.65, which is the highest it has been the past 2 weeks. Even with the free shipping, I got it in 2 days, but they are not always that quick.

Amazon.com: Motorola H715 Bluetooth Headset: Cell Phones & Service

I had a Samsung WP470 I bought for $5 after a $20 mail in rebate. I then traded it to my friend for his Motorola H685 because I liked the way it fit and the magnetic charging cradle it came with. You can buy the H685 off ebay for ~$11 with free shipping.

Both headsets work great, and have features like noise cancellation, a hard on/off button, etc. At $5 and $11, I'd be hard pressed to spend much more on a headset without some crazy features.

Definitely buy from a place like ebay or Amazon...rather than the Verizon online store. You'll likely save some decent money.

One of the things that I like about the H715 is that it uses the same micro USB for charging as the Droid does, so that is just one charger to take when I travel and both can be charged from the same car charger. It is also the most comfortable headset I have ever had. I also don't have to worry about forgetting to turn it off, as it is off when it is closed. Inexpensive is definitely good, but the H715 is the best I have used for $50.

FYI, bluetooth headsets (usually) go for much cheaper on Amazon. I got that Jabra VBT2050 shipped 2 day delivery for $11. Works fine :)

I got the Jabra BT125.

I had it for years and it works find with my droid.

Myself, I have a variety of Motorola BT headsets. Any of the models I have would likely be discontinued. I actually purchased 2 Refurbished Motorola headsets from Buy.com (pretty good place for refurbished deals, BTW) a few years ago for $7 each (free shipping) when they were retailing for around $70 brand new. The prices on my headsets range from around $50 to $90 at brick and mortar stores (not that I paid that much for them).

I have also heard good things about the Jawbone headsets. A buddy of mine picked up the Jawbone Prime for $64 with free overnight shipping from VerizonWireless.com. He says he really likes it. Whenever he's called me on it I can hear him loud and clear. From what I understand the Jawbones are supposed to offer some of the best noise canceling technology (meaning the person you're talking to should be able to hear you well) out there for BT headsets.

If you watch deal sites like SlickDeals.net and DealNews.com you can sometimes catch sales on the Jawbone headsets and even other BlueTooth headsets. Just today I saw an offer for a Jawbone II for $30 shipped but they are sold out now.

Last edited:
Okay, you'll have to ebay it, but it'll take every blutooth you've ever seen and make it feel insignificant. It can be found from $40 to $60 on ebay, it's the Plantronics Voyager 855. It used to be $150 but then they came out with it's successor. Anyway, it has increidlby comfortable in ear buds made of soft rubber ,more than one size of those for different ears, more than one size of the thing that goes behind the ear, it's a stereo device with full multimedia controls. You answer the call by sliding the mic down and hang up by sliding it back. While not in a call, the call mute button turns the MP3 player on. It then functions as a pause/play button for short press and a turn of MP3 player for long press. The volume controls are still volume on short press while MP3ing but on long press they change track. The stereo works by having a second earbud that extends from the thing that hangs behind your ear on a wire. I had it once for a while... it's amazing to say the least. Also, as a plus, it charges on Micro USB... guess what also does? You got it, Droiddoes. Here's a link to one: NEW PLANTRONICS VOYAGER 855 BLUETOOTH WIRELESS HEADSET - eBay (item 120485524958 end time Dec-25-09 16:58:00 PST)

i have owned the Plantronics Voyager 855 close to 2 years already and i have to add ( to the post above mine ) the excellent battery life even when using a2dp.

bad things about it is that, the earpiece...while confortable... has an odd angle and the earpiece goes into your ear a very long ways making it very unconfortable after a long use. i call it the brain scratcher lol.

so, if you like it to go inside your ear then this is the bluetooth to get. hope that helps.

Eh, I didn't have that big of an issue with it. I did love the crud out of it. It's pros far outweighed the cons for me. The thing that bugged me at first was that it was SO good at blocking out outside sounds that for about a week I'd talk a little too loud because I'd be essentially deaf in that one ear until I got used to it. Although, it did get taken in and out a lot so that might've avoided most of the itchiness.

Last edited:
Back