Which Screen Protector to get ?

OP
cynkrzy

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Have tried several brands for tempered glass screen protector, and as of lately, Skinomi Tempered glass screen protector for the Note 5.So far, the fit is okay, and halo effect, surprisingly none. But,about the coverage, it's not full coverage thou, it won't cover the curvature of the device but I like it since it complement well with the secondary case I had..for your concern, I don't know if they have made one yet but while waiting, I suggest you go with plastic films first.

They appear to be one of the few with a 6P glass screen protector right now.

I love the intelliarmor TGSP on my Nexus.. If they are making one for 6P that be a winner.. And great customer service..

S6E+ tapatalk

I'll see if they have an offering. Thanks Y'all

OP
cynkrzy

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm going naked. See how that works for me.

Luck with that. I think of myself as being pretty careful with phones, and yet they've hit the ground a time or two.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm going naked right now on but phones (using the G2 as a Wi-Fi/music player) and so far so good. We'll see how I feel with a larger device.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
As I've said elsewhere...and maybe in this thread...my Note 4 has been naked for quite some time, unless I'm doing something with a higher chance of damage than everyday activities. When building sets for my theater group, I toss a case on.

I like how slim the device is without a case though & I'm sure that'll transfer to the 6P. I'll definitely start off with nothing on it.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
It's killing me running naked on this edge+... I like the added protection of a TGSP...

S6E+ tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It's killing me running naked on this edge+... I like the added protection of a TGSP...

S6E+ tapatalk
I went with the military shield hd on my note edge..even with the stylus carving (exaggerated) into it daily. It's still clear and looks good...I had to run something.. Beach sand at our properties..

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I went with the military shield hd on my note edge..even with the stylus carving (exaggerated) into it daily. It's still clear and looks good...I had to run something.. Beach sand at our properties..
I put a Bodyguardz didn't like the install and lasted a day.. .. I have a Zagg on the way.. I'm just not digging the films...I'm very OCD with this.. Lol

S6E+ tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
The wife & I love our TGSP's. We're only using the $15 dollar ones from Verizon but they've been great, and combined with a case you can't even tell is not a nekkid screen.
She's dropped her phone twice and it shattered the TGSP, but completely protected the screen underneath. I won't buy another device going forward without one. I was never a fan of the film type protectors, but glass & TG protectors are the way to go IMO.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I agree, insurance is a must for today's high end smartphones. We always keep full coverage on devices, but the way I see it is, a $15 dollar investment to keep me from coming up with $100 deductible (and minimum two days without my device), is a pretty decent investment. Especially with the quality of TGSP's these days. Even the inexpensive Verizon brand provides less fingerprints and smoother movement than using the device nekkid.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I had to look up TGSP, I've never heard that acronym before. I may try one but this phone will be my running, biking and etc phone so anything can happen to it. I take tons of spills running trail.

kas1229

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4 verizon
Get a good quality tempered glass screen protector.. They're like being naked, and can protect your screen if you drop the phone..they don't ALWAYS..but many people report cracking the protector and not their display...

Imho tempered glass is the way to go..
I agree, once you go glass you will never use a film again. However I have cracked a few of them, luckily they had lifetime warranties.

bnpdp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
God's Phone aka Pixel 3 XL
I have used several brands on my N6 and on my wife and daughters iPhone 6's.

Not sure who makes Verizon's glass but it is the best. Seems easiest to install without catching crap between screen and glass. And it seems to be the "flatter" than others if that makes sense.

Problem is Verizon probably won't carry the glass until they carry the 6P.

Not sure if it helps the screen from cracking but my gnex and an incredible both cracked when dropped without protection. I have dropped my N6 several times and screen has been fine.

I dropped my first N6 with glass and a fairly rigid spigen case. Screen didn't crack but the digitizer did. My new N6 has glass and a much softer case and so far all is well.

OP
cynkrzy

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I ordered a Supershieldz TPG screen protector a while back

Read somewhere that they were missing the cutout for the proximity sensor and Boom look what shows up my inbox this morning..

"Thank you again for your order of "Nexus 6P 2015 Screen Protector- iVoler 0.2mm 2.5D Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Huawei Google Nexus 6P 2015 with Lifetime Replacement Warranty (".

View Order on Amazon.com

We are terribly sorry to inform you that there has been a design flaw for the Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Nexus 6P that we had shipped to you. Apparently, the proximity sensor cutout is missing on our first batch of product that we had shipped out to you. We had since working on a revised version with the appropriate cutouts for the proximity sensor and we will arrange to ship the new version to you ASAP.

We are now arranging the new revised version to be shipped to Amazon's FBA warehouse in the US and we should expect the inventory to arrived by next week. We will inform you then on the arrangement of the replacement. You do not need to return us the previous screen protector.

Once again we are terribly sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you so much for your patience with us.

Regards,

Jeffery
iVoler
"