Wifi drops out frequently on my dx2

Ranger0001

Reaction score
I lose my wireless about every 5-10 minutes. It only happens at home but my sons iphone and daughters htc dont lose their connection. My laptop or desktop stay connected also, its just my dx2 that will not stay connected. My droid is not rooted and my 3g doesn't drop out. I changed some of the belkin 530 settings (lease time and wep) to no avail. Can anyone suggest a fix?

Last edited:
......Continued from previous post.....

Anyone? My phone is less than a year old, would I be able to trade it up for a new one? Is this a common problem with the Droid X2? I really like this phone and plan to keep it until my 2 year Verizon contract is up. dancedroid

1 more question...Would rooting my phone have any effect on the wifi disconnection ( i dont think so but you guys know more about this stuff than I). Last night I reset my router and changed the lease time to 2 weeks from forever, it seemed to help for a while but then I noticed it cut out again later in the evening. So, I guess It wAs just wishful thinking. I also tried to change to channel 1 but my wireless desktop had that one taken so I'm now on channel 2 of the router. I also tried several apps that claim to repair the wifi, none of the 5 or 6 apps worked.

Someone please help with a response.

Thanks, Mike A

Back