Will wireless tether still work?

roach

Reaction score
My contract ended 2 years ago..been paying month to month and I still have unlimited. Bought my RAZR Maxx on ebay. Its the moment u sign up for a new contract is when they say..unlimited data is no longer available. You have to sign up with a data package. I know they had a deal running to get us unlimited to a 6 gb for $30 if we signed a 2 year. Not sure if they are still doing that..but I passed on it.
-----------------
Ok I see what your saying,I guess there not gonna tell me that.I have been getting a new phone or upgrade what ever you want to call it every 2 years,wish I would of known that because I really would like unlimited data.Do I have any other options besides going to another service like sprint,there speedtest suck compared to verzions though.
What about a rooted phone would that be worth it to do,Don't no to much about it,but if it would help I'll try it.
THANK'S

Locke081

Reaction score
i have been with verizion 12 years and they told me that unlimited data plans are history,i have 5 phones on the family plan.i was grand fathered in then they changed it on me.if thats true today i'm calling them.Today

Uh ...wow; sorry for the interruption but I just talked to them a few weeks ago when I got this Razr HD. The only refurbished they had in stock were iPhones, and I TOLD them I'm not used to jailbreaking (because really, IDGAS anymore: we have all these plans w/ VZW, including max Mifi ($80/month) and they make a KILLING off us) and I told him I needed a phone I could "use". (I didn't say it, but the tech knew wtf I was talking about). I did say I take the VZW crap off, so he knows I root. They're MY phones since we pay bank for them (no subsidies). He knew exactly what I was looking for and told me to check out mobilekarma.com because they have "unlocked phones".

Only mobilekarma sent me this "great" condition Razr HD and it HAD been unlocked/rooted (I could tell because of the CWM directories they didn't clean out), but the phone was locked. It's useful for my purposes, if you get my drift, but I TOLD that guy, if I'm ever not grandfathered, after all we pay out of pocket for phones, bye bye verizon. He said we'd be grandfathered for life as long as we kept doing it like we are (no new contracts).

Ofc I don't believe crap like that because I wouldn't swear VZW would even last longer than me, much less the kids, but that was two weeks ago. People ASK why we don't do ST and why we pay this premium for VZW when ST uses VZW anyway (in my area), and it's getting harder and harder to answer, but that $20/month "home line" service is sweet, and VZW usually gives us excellent customer care.

This would make me SO MAD :mad: (to have paid cash for all these phones all these years and then lose grandfathered plans). I know we have no contract with them, but it's the principle. Dammit. AARGH!

(Um, yeah here people use their VZW phones on ST for tethering. But I think it's like someone said above: don't get caught or your service could be cut off without warning — that's kept us with VZW. But I'd just gauge our data usage better IF we had to switch to ST; I'm not scared of switching if push came to shove.)

lloydsw

Reaction score
I know it's off-topic and I'm not being a naysayer, but I've had Verizon dump me from previously grandfathered status before. And when it's convenient for them -when we with unlimited data are a small percentage - they will cut it off.

Reaction score
-----------------
Ok I see what your saying,I guess there not gonna tell me that.I have been getting a new phone or upgrade what ever you want to call it every 2 years,wish I would of known that because I really would like unlimited data.Do I have any other options besides going to another service like sprint,there speedtest suck compared to verzions though.
What about a rooted phone would that be worth it to do,Don't no to much about it,but if it would help I'll try it.
THANK'S

Awhile back when they first cut off the unlimited on the regular accounts. The business accounts had unlimited. Not sure if they still do but they are expensive. I guess it depends how badly you want unlimited. :money: