working downgrade (even for un-rooted)!

raskolnik

Reaction score
Good news, everyone!

smwoodward posted a working method on xda-developers to downgrade an Incredible running 2.2 to 2.1, even if it was un-rooted.

The original thread is here. However, he didn't have a high enough post count to link to files directly, which makes it a little harder to follow. Another forum member mirrored the instructions on his blog, including links to the necessary files.

I can confirm that this works (just did it). One thing to note (that the mirrored guide doesn't include) is that you have to have HTC's adb drivers installed; you can do this either through unrevoked (instructions here) or by installing and then uninstalling HTC Sync. I think the former is easier ... I'm also not sure if you have to use a specific version of HTC Sync for this to work.

But anyway, FREEDOM!

Is there an official 2.2 rooted update yet for if we downgrade root and the update it?

Is there an official 2.2 rooted update yet for if we downgrade root and the update it?

Wait, do you mean is there a way to root an official version of 2.2? Not as far ask I know.

There are leaked versions of 2.2 floating around out there that you should installed rooted, but I'm not sure. Some of the modified versions are based on 2.2 also.

Back