XGear Tempered Glass Screen Protector

danwanna

Reaction score
Hi All,
I recently purchased an XGear Tempered Glass Screen Protector For my Galaxy Nexus and absolutely love it. Unfortunately, I switched to the RAZR Maxx as my primary device and only use the Galaxy Nexus for a change of pace.

I reached out to the guy that created this for the Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy S3 and it sounds like he would be willing to create one for the RAZRs if the demand was high enough.

Is anyone interested? On the Galaxy Nexus, there was a certain number of pre-orders required before he would start manufacturing.

Fantom for Samsung | XGearlive

Other than being a satisfied customer (and wanting one for my Maxx) I am not associated with XGear in any way.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'd be interested, for sure...but i'd want to know more about the product.... how it works, how it holds up, how the device works with it on... i'd probably want some hands on time with it... but it looks like an awesome idea.

OP
D

danwanna

Reaction score
On my Galaxy Nexus it feels exactly like the naked glass. There have been some complaints about sensitivity issues at the very bottom near the onscreen home button, but I haven't had any. I think some of the issues on the Galaxy Nexus are caused by the curved screen.

Here is a link to the installation guide for the iPhone version --> http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...71jQfHNPbmPOcv0Cw&sig2=lTPv2IP_wiKsBvIv6PhUoA

OP
D

danwanna

Reaction score
I have my doubts on if it is as durable as the Gorilla Glass, but it has the nice benefit of being easily replaceable. I have never had any major scratches or cracks on the screens of any of my phones (knocks on wood) but I do seem to get small faint scratches on even my GG screens. My thought is that this would at least prevent me from getting those on the main screen.

I have never actually kept a screen protector on any device for more than a couple days because I hate how they feel compared to the glass. This one feels just as good as the glass and I haven't noticed any loss of sensitivity. I also seem to get little bubbles and imperfections in the other protectors but since this only has adhesive on the edges around the bezel there is nothing between the glass and the protector. I did the install and it looked absolutely perfect in about 5 minutes. 4 of those were spent making sure my phone was completely clean and dust free.

The XGear rep was really responsive on the Galaxy Nexus version since he has the phone and he really wanted it to succeed for himself as well as the community. If we get a fair amount of interest here, I'll ask if he will come over to the site.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I was just checking it out... it looks pretty cool. Yeah i'd be interested.

How long have you been using one??

Minor scratches aren't my main concern... what happens in the heat? Will it continue to stay in place?

Will it haze (think headlights)

What kind of warranty is there..

Jd love to get something like this. 20-30$ for something like this isn't bad. I pay 20$ for military shields and zaggs... this would hopefully be more durable, and would definitely protect better in a drop situation..

With a military shield, a small pebble might shatter the screen, with this.. presumably, the protector would help absorb the blow.

OP
D

danwanna

Reaction score
I have had it on for about a week so far and haven't had any issues with it releasing from the screen. I don't expect it to haze at all since it is glass. There are some faint dots you can see on the screen in the right light but they aren't visible when the screen is on.

As to the protection, I don't have the nerve to test this one... I would expect it to protect the screen from a pebble/rock or something relatively small. I think it would have a pretty good chance of protecting you from a corner hit on a table or something like that too.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi All,
I recently purchased an XGear Tempered Glass Screen Protector For my Galaxy Nexus and absolutely love it. Unfortunately, I switched to the RAZR Maxx as my primary device and only use the Galaxy Nexus for a change of pace.

I reached out to the guy that created this for the Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy S3 and it sounds like he would be willing to create one for the RAZRs if the demand was high enough.

Is anyone interested? On the Galaxy Nexus, there was a certain number of pre-orders required before he would start manufacturing.

Fantom for Samsung | XGearlive

Other than being a satisfied customer (and wanting one for my Maxx) I am not associated with XGear in any way.

have one for my nexus i absolutely love it.

aktrazer

Reaction score
I'm interested in it. My main concern is the screen never looks as sharp with a protector on as it does with it off. As long as that's not too bad I'd love to try it out.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Dont have to worry. This looks like out of the box with the same protection as a screen protector.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
I'd like to bump this in hopes that some interest can be generated. It looks like a wothwhile investment and definitely something I'd be interested in.