Galaxy S3 bottom app icons disappearing

Will139

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Hi,

The 'pinned' app icons (the ones which are present at the bottom of all home screens) keep removing themselves. I have Phone, Email, Messaging and Internet (plus Apps) pinned, and the Email and Messaging icons regularly go missing. They are easy to replace (drag and drop) but it's very annoying!

I don't think the lock screen app icons are affected.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Will

OP
W

Will139

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Welcome to the forum ...are you using Touchwiz launcher ?

M8 tap'd

If that's the standard interface which comes with the phone, then yes!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
If that's the standard interface which comes with the phone, then yes!

Yup Touchwiz it is ..I never use it bc I don't like that it has limitations...I believe it's not possible to lock the home screen from having icons move or widgets ..you might want to try a 3rd party launcher such as my favorite Nova launcher ...

M8 tap'd

OP
W

Will139

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Yup Touchwiz it is ..I never use it bc I don't like that it has limitations...I believe it's not possible to lock the home screen from having icons move or widgets ..you might want to try a 3rd party launcher such as my favorite Nova launcher ...

M8 tap'd

Thanks. This is a very recent issue though. I've had the phone 18 months, they've started removing themselves in the last three weeks.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Thanks. This is a very recent issue though. I've had the phone 18 months, they've started removing themselves in the last three weeks.

Hmmm ...maybe clearing data and cache for launcher can help ..but you will need to set up launcher screens up again as if first day ....you can try it by going to phone settings /manage applications/ scroll to the All tab and find the launcher app ...clear data and cache

M8 tap'd

P

promo87

Well, @Will139 I have encountered the same problem just a month ago ! I pinned dialer app and chrome over the bottom of my tab but some how when I restart my device they again disappear and I again pinned the app again it disappear. But as far as I remember this issue fixes automatically when I have update my samsung account,try going to the samsung store application installed over your device and check for updates if updates pops up it will download the update automatically and once the updates finishes I guess your problem that application pinned over the bottom of the screen disappear will fix itself automatically.

OP
W

Will139

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Hmmm ...maybe clearing data and cache for launcher can help ..but you will need to set up launcher screens up again as if first day ....you can try it by going to phone settings /manage applications/ scroll to the All tab and find the launcher app ...clear data and cache

M8 tap'd

Hi again,

Thanks for suggesting this. Did it yesterday afternoon and 18 hours later they are still present and correct, so it looks like it has solved the issue.

Thanks!

Will