Headset commands? Headphone issues? What is this?

LonelyPilgrim

Reaction score
Hey. I'm dealing with an annoying behavior, and I'm not sure if it's by design, or if there's something wrong with my phone.

When I plug in headphones... everything goes wonky. Specifically, the phone seems to take feedback from any pressure (usually accidental) I apply to the headphone cable. If I push it one way, it goes into voice command mode. If I push it another, it redials the last call I made. And other such along these lines. Why is it doing this? Is it by design, or is there something wrong with my device? How do I make it stop? Every time I jostle the phone while trying to listen to music, I have the phone annoying redialing my last call, going to voice mode, or otherwise interrupting what I'm doing.

I got the feeling, from one of the apps I was playing with, that this may be something called "headset commands," but I haven't been able to find anything else about that.

seestonebat

Reaction score
I had this same issue on my droid 1. It's because of a short or something loose in the headphone jack, I think. I got my phone replaced under warranty - I'd recommend odiing the same

OP
L

LonelyPilgrim

Reaction score
I had this same issue on my droid 1. It's because of a short or something loose in the headphone jack, I think. I got my phone replaced under warranty - I'd recommend odiing the same

Thanks. I think I'll have to do that.