MIUI Talk

jamba7

Reaction score
Is there a way to get the new Google Talk apk from the latest release to use on all my roms? Possibly the Music apk as well?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I didnt know there was a new version of Talk. Well you should simply be able to toss the APKs in the system and change permissions, usually this works for me... MIUI has its own music apk but i believe the Talk app is the same as any rom, right?

OP
jamba7

jamba7

Reaction score
No. The one I have has video chat. Its my favorite thing about the new MIUI. My sister got to meet my newborn son because of it.

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
IIRC, you will not be able to just grab the apk from a miui build and push it onto any phone. The apps in the miui build depend on system files in the rom and won't work on other roms as is.

However, you can search for the new GTalk because there is an apk that will work on other roms floating out there. There is also a version of the Miui Music floating around too. I had a version on an old nightly build of CM7. However, I don't know how new the music apk is compared to the latest build.

OP
jamba7

jamba7

Reaction score
I'm not to familiar with adb. Any other way? I saw the update.zip for CM7 I'm wondering if works on other roms.

Anathema

Reaction score
I'm not to familiar with adb. Any other way? I saw the update.zip for CM7 I'm wondering if works on other roms.

It works on LFY, UD, and CM from the roms I've tested it on.

I doubt google talk is tied into the MIUI framework though, but I'm probably wrong.