Stock droid x muti touch keyboard?

timelord

Reaction score
Does the stock Droid x multi touch keyboard work on rubix focused 2.0?
How do you install if it does?

Thanks

michaelearth

Reaction score
I would also like to know how to get the stock droid x keyboard but for blurried.

Thanks

in99flames

Reaction score
Here is what you do, this is what i use with great results(I use Focused).

~~ All you need to flash is the second file, the "rubixfocused-PATCH..." in clockwork. This should get you the stock droid X keyboard.

I added the other file for misfortunate people like myself that messed up flashing rubix and accidentally deleted the original keyboard from the rom :p If you had the same issue, flash the first file "GoodGB_KB" in clockwork, THEN flash the second one to get you the original keyboard.

I just want to say I have not used either file with Blurry, I would imagine it will work....but I am not sure. Ill let Drod have the say on that. Flash at own risk and do backups!! For people on Focused should be fine.

Attachments

• GoodGB_KB.zip
    795.9 KB · Views: 248
  • rubixFocused-PATCH-DefaultFocusedKeyboard.zip
    895.1 KB · Views: 323

pane2k

Reaction score
What I did was downloaded the stock multitouch keyboard.zip file from the same location that Liberty Tool Box grabs it. I'm not going to post links to that file location without their permission but it can be found in the Liberty Rom section.

Once you get the .zip file, just boot to recovery and install the .zip file. Reboot and the stock multitouch keyboard is default.

bskouby

Reaction score
The rubix-focusedPATCH did not work on my blurry 2.0 install. After flashing the zip, I loose the keyboard entirely (only swype is left).

I restored using the first file provided to get back to the GB keyboard. Tried again, and failed again.

Still looking for the liberty toolbox location, once I find that file perhaps that will work.

I miss my MT keyboard. :( The rest of the ROM is great so far. Coming over from Apex 1.4.1 (which was also a good ROM).

razorloves

Reaction score
I'm using rubix focused 2.0.1. I just installed the "rubixfocused-PATCH..." and works perfect. thanks in99flames.

in99flames

Reaction score
The rubix-focusedPATCH did not work on my blurry 2.0 install. After flashing the zip, I loose the keyboard entirely (only swype is left).

I restored using the first file provided to get back to the GB keyboard. Tried again, and failed again.

Still looking for the liberty toolbox location, once I find that file perhaps that will work.

I miss my MT keyboard. :( The rest of the ROM is great so far. Coming over from Apex 1.4.1 (which was also a good ROM).

Sorry the file I had did not help :(
I wasn't sure about using it on Blurry, I guess we have our answer. Im glad I uploaded the other file though!! This way you were not stuck at least.

OP
T

timelord

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys. I got the MT keyboard to work on focused. Now, does anyone have it working with rubix blurry?

Thanks

OP
T

timelord

Reaction score
The stock multi touch keyboard does work with rubix blurry. Just got it up and running today.

Thanks for all the help.

bskouby

Reaction score
Timelord...may I ask how you did it. I tried flashing the focused zip a few times with no lock. It all looked good in nandroid.....but left me with only the swype kb to select from on reboot.