1.5 / Google Voice problem?

AshG

Reaction score
I recently found an update to Google Voice in the Market. It refuses to install, giving the error: Package file was not signed successfully.

I am running stock Liberty 1.5 with only a changed wallpaper, so I don't see how themes could be the problem. I also do not have the option to uninstall GV so I can't just remove it and try again.

I have TiBu paid for, so if there's a way to scrape it out using that program that would be wonderful. I am welcome to any suggestions you may have.

Reaction score
I recently found an update to Google Voice in the Market. It refuses to install, giving the error: Package file was not signed successfully.

I am running stock Liberty 1.5 with only a changed wallpaper, so I don't see how themes could be the problem. I also do not have the option to uninstall GV so I can't just remove it and try again.

I have TiBu paid for, so if there's a way to scrape it out using that program that would be wonderful. I am welcome to any suggestions you may have.

You will have to use LIberty Toolbox (app management) to remove the app. Then install it from the market.

When in App Management, Hit 'Menu' then select 'Show all Apps' ... that will give you access to the system apps.

OP
A

AshG

Reaction score
I followed your instructions to the letter and even received notification that the process was successful, but upon reboot Voice is still right there. I guess I'll just sbf before updating to 1.75 this weekend.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

tslovejoy1969

Reaction score
I had this happen too. Go to the /system/app directory and rename GoogleVoice.apk to GoogleVoice.apk.bak. Then reboot your phone and install Google Voice fresh from the market.

Spitfire10

Reaction score
Not just a Liberty problem as I had it happen with GummyJar as well. I guess since they share a lot of code it could be related.

MaelstromOC

Reaction score
Isn't it a safety thing since GV is skinned in the Liberty ROM (to prevent an update from removing the skinned app for those that wish to keep it?) I thought it was skinned anyway.