2 issues, 3G and Gallery

dard12

Reaction score
I've been using Liberty for about 2 weeks now, and I've noticed some very irritating issues that are, I'm hoping, fixable.

The gallery loading time is painstakingly slow. It takes a good 3-4 minuets just to load my gallery up, and when I get a picture message sent by text it takes the same 3-4 minuets to load that as well. I'm not sure what the issue is, but it takes way too long to load up images. Even after I have just taken a picture I will go to gallery to view it and have to wait.

3g has been insanely slow as well. I can't even upload images to Facebook without being connected to WiFi. The internet browser has been crazy slow as well when I'm using 3g.

I was on GummyJar before flashing and I had the Data Throttle mod on before flashing as well. I didn't clear cache/data because I was told it wasn't needed. Suggestions?

I'll clear data to see if that helps.

OP
dard12

dard12

Reaction score
Clearing data fixed the lag from the Gallery, but it did not fix the tremendously slow 3g.

Also, another bug to be noted is that I cannot receive picture messages through WiFi. I have to be on 3g to get them. Not sure what that's about.

Edit:

I just did a speedtest.net

Results:
1st
0.12 Download
0.09 Upload
997 ping

2nd
0.16 Download
0.11 Upload
999 Ping

3rd
0.01 Download
Froze on upload
997 Ping

There is obviously an issue here.

Back when I had installed the Data Throttle mod on GummyJar I had replaced my services.jar. I'm better that is the issue, does anyone have the non-modded services.jar file?

Last edited:

Ad0131065

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just flash the liberty zip without wipeing data and cache.

gimlet72

Reaction score
Ya I agree with issue on gallery. Deathly slow. I do find I will occasionally lose signal with the ROM. A phone reboot will usually fix this.

As far as Internet speeds go;

1 2 3
UL: 348, 713,1120
DL: 749, 850,651
Ping: 165, 172, 177

No issues for me

Ad0131065

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well if reflashing didnt work I doubt the problem is with the services.jar Try dialing *228(i think thats it) and do option 1 and 2

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
dard12

dard12

Reaction score
Ok. The new throttle mod did it for me. Not sure what the issue was, but thanks though. So now all of my issues are solved.

As for the not receiving picture messages with WiFi on. Is that happening to anyone else?

dwilli9013

Reaction score
Yes I am not getting any mms pictures. I am rooted running stock rom with tbu. I think I may have frozen an app that I need as its only been a couple of days. Any help or answers would be much appreciated.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

nybadboy11

Reaction score
i havent had any probs at all maybe your doing something wrong ive had liberty since day one and havent had any probs really happy good luck

PerCompLLC

Reaction score
Yes I am not getting any mms pictures. I am rooted running stock rom with tbu. I think I may have frozen an app that I need as its only been a couple of days. Any help or answers would be much appreciated.

Are you running a third-party messaging app (like Handcent)? If you are then you still need the stock messaging app running to support MMS (Mms.apk). If you have frozen it via TB, then you will need to unfreeze it in order to send picture messages.

Hope this helps.

dwilli9013

Reaction score
Thanks a ton I did have texting stock app frozen with tbu. All set now thawed and removed notifications for stock apk. Now getting the goods as regular.