2 problems with 0.12.11.0

loveubuntu

Reaction score
I love this ROM but there are two major issues for me. I'm hoping they are easy fixes I have overlooked but searching these forums did not help. Anyone?

1- I do not see some of my apps in the Market, specifically one that I have bought for $30 (Slingplayer). They are I guess protected apps but they do show up under other ROMs (CM ver6)

2- In other ROMS, you long press the screen/shortcuts/direct dial. This places a shortcut on the screen with that person's picture. It can be used as a nice speed dial if you fill up a screen with all the ones you want. I don't see it under MIUI.

Update for 2: menu>editing mode>menu again>shortcuts force-closes com.android.launcher and will not add it.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

corman324

Reaction score
1 - did you try going to manage applications > market > clear cache & data
then try going back to the market and seeing if they show up? its fixed some things for a few other people

2 - menu > editing mode > menu (again) > add > shortcuts

note: the option is there, but right now its force closing when you do direct dials. probably will be fixed in upcoming updates/releases

OP
loveubuntu

loveubuntu

Reaction score
1 - did you try going to manage applications > market > clear cache & data
then try going back to the market and seeing if they show up? its fixed some things for a few other people

2 - menu > editing mode > menu (again) > add > shortcuts

note: the option is there, but right now its force closing when you do direct dials. probably will be fixed in upcoming updates/releases

1- appears to be a build.prop issue according to the guys on IRC. I use a workaround I found on another forum but crashed MIUI (no start). I nandroid back. Hopefully the developer will come up with a fix. For now I restored my app from Titanium backup and am good to go. Other protected app that were purchased may have issues though.

2- Thanks for the shortcut tip. I thought I was going crazy. I could not imagine that the developer had actually erase that menu.

Here is a 3rd issue: What's the deal with this "new market"? Are we able to install it on MIUI?

BlackDiamond

Reaction score
Yeah for the New market here ya go..

In system apps, rename vending.apk to vending.apk.bak, and flash this update.zip (new market updated apk) using clockwork or sprecovery, whichever you use, and it will work fine. hope this helps any with issues

update: *this method works for other roms as well*

update.zip

Also even though your $30 app dosnt show up in your downloads, when you do a search for it in the market does it show up then?

OP
loveubuntu

loveubuntu

Reaction score
Yeah for the New market here ya go..

In system apps, rename vending.apk to vending.apk.bak, and flash this update.zip (new market updated apk) using clockwork or sprecovery, whichever you use, and it will work fine. hope this helps any with issues

update: *this method works for other roms as well*

update.zip

Also even though your $30 app dosnt show up in your downloads, when you do a search for it in the market does it show up then?

Thanks for the market, will try out.

When I search for the Slingplayer ($30 app), it does not show up.

Also, I still can't add direct dial shortcut to a screen. IT gives me FC warning. Frustrating. Will change back to default theme, maybe the theme I'm using is causing it. Will update original post.

OP
loveubuntu

loveubuntu

Reaction score
chatted with jamezelle on IRC, it appears that both of these issues are resolved in 12.17 version coming out soon.