5 Minute of Video Recording!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
My only problem with my Galaxy Note 9 is video recording! Why does this phone only limit you to 5 minutes of video recording time? With my Pixel XL I had unlimited recording time with less ram and less storage! With 8 gigs of RAM and 1TB of storage I should have more than enough space to handle it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

LoudRam

Silver Member
From my understanding all Android phones are limited to 5 to 6 minutes when recording in 4k 60fps mode. My G7 it's limited to 6 even if I put a 1TB card in it. Why? That I couldn't tell you but if you want more recording time you'll have to lower the video quality.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Never had a limit with Pixel XL. Created 30 minute videos at my church with the Pixel. It is just a headache that it every 5 minutes it stops recording.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Never had a limit with Pixel XL. Created 30 minute videos at my church with the Pixel. It is just a headache that it every 5 minutes it stops recording.

That's why I don't understand why they limit video length but allow you to have multiple 4k videos. There must be a reason. I'm going to look for it.

Edit:
I just read a story that says heat may be the reason it's limited.

www.deccanchronicle.com/technology/mobiles-and-tabs/050318/galaxy-s9-camera-loses-iphone-x-4k-video-60fps-performance.html

Last edited:
OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
That's why I don't understand why they limit video length but allow you to have multiple 4k videos. There must be a reason. I'm going to look for it.

Edit:
I just read a story that says heat may be the reason it's limited.

www.deccanchronicle.com/technology/mobiles-and-tabs/050318/galaxy-s9-camera-loses-iphone-x-4k-video-60fps-performance.html
That would be fine it it was every phone. But my old Pixel XL never got hot to make me want to cut it off doing recording. Like I said, I recorded 30 minutes with it with no issue.