And Away We Go!

wilyums

Reaction score
Well I finally took the plunge. After years of using Moto products, I'm now the proud owner of a Note 3. I honestly started to wait for the S5 but the S pen was what sold me. Right now just playing around so any new tricks or advice would be appreciated. Hope I don't bother you guys too much.

NOVICE

Reaction score
When I got my Note 3 I downloaded from Kindle The Galaxy Note 3: 100‰ Unofficial Guide by Aaron Halbert for $4.99.

A pretty decent (but basic) primer even though I was reasonably knowledgeable about the phone having had a Note 2.

Also found the Drippler app for the Note series from the Playstore very helpful.

Finally, I use SwiftKey as it provides the largest keyboard I could find in portrait mode. As well as the best predictive text.

OP
wilyums

wilyums

Reaction score
Thank you I'll check those out. I use Swype still but I'm always open to new technology and apps.

OP
wilyums

wilyums

Reaction score
Thank you it's not all new but I'm finding lot's of things I really like.

jspradling7

Reaction score
Good choice. My wife has the white one with gold trim. She had the Note 2 before. She really fell in love with the Note 3, she won't let me mess with it and swears she going to use until the wheels fall off.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
If you plan on rooting and like using the S-Pen, I cannot recommend PEN Window Manager enough. It lets you add any app you want to the app window that you pull up with the s-pen. I was also a dedicated Swype user for years, and Swiftkey is so much better. And I'm not sure if you knew this but Swiftkey now has its own "swype" type feature thats, IMO, just as good if not slightly better. It works a bit differently, but once you get the hang of it it's equally efficient; plus swiftkey has the option to have arrows at the bottom, which I find ESSENTIAL in correcting those little mistakes.

Great phone, pretty much everyone who see's it, especially since I put on the S-View case, loves it. I have lost track of the number of people I've converted to get a Note 3, a lot of times just by showing some of the pictures I've taken. It's so light that even with the case I forget which pocket it's in and the battery life is unrivaled.

I've had a lot of smartphones, and this is the only one that even just a few months in I haven't gotten over and wanted to upgrade to something else. I have no intention of changing out any time soon.