Angel vs. CM7

Insidious

Reaction score
What do you guys think is a better rom, (im going for sleek and fast) I have CM7 downloaded, but I saw the blue lightning theme for Angel and I thought it looked pretty awesome!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

avenged06x

Reaction score
CM7 by far! Only problem right now is the camera is mirrored..

mopar57

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What do you guys think is a better rom, (im going for sleek and fast) I have CM7 downloaded, but I saw the blue lightning theme for Angel and I thought it looked pretty awesome!

I will be converting all my themes for cm7, once the nightlies are finished. The problem right now is if i convert then tomorrow it wouldnt be any good.

and heres the problems with CM7:
Camera is mirrored
bluetooth is broken
FC when switching to Global Mode (GSM) (change takes effect on reboot however)
alt-lock doesn't work on keyboard (press alt twice to act like alt lock)
stock live wallpapers don't work (market live walls do)
Phone won't charge while off (not a bug!)

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Cm by far. I did get my D2 to charge while off actually, powered it down while charging on usb. It stayed off until I manually powered up, but the charging light was on.

Sent from my cyanoblurred D2G

Asphyx

Reaction score
In the latest releases I believe once you plug the USB into a phone that is off it will reboot and hence charge. You can then shut the phone off and it will continue charging.

As Rev tells it, when you plug in the charger while the phone is off it actually is supposed to turn on the phone and put it into charge only mode. Thats where the Battery charge screen used to show up. It's not happening right now and instead fully booting.

It's not where it needs to be yet but you should not have the problem of not being able to charge when the phone is off anymore.
It should just turn on when you plug it in.

I have not run the latest revisions from the last two days yet but since the build of 7-15 this feature was enabled.

un4givn85

Reaction score
I personally have absolutely no issues with angels rom. What's the bid deal between the two the com is so much better. I had fission before this and that was alright. I just want to know what all hype is about.

Asphyx

Reaction score
ok so it just turns it on when you plug it in?

Yes!

The way it is supposed to work is when the power is off (either manually or auto shutoff) When you plug it in it boots but goes into charge only mode which would load the battery charging animation not the operating system.

For some reason that charge only mode is not starting and the phone boots up instead.