annoying ads in notification bar

MS2SF

Reaction score
I don't know how to stop these annoying ads popping up in my notification bar. I don't know what caused them. Any one else having this problem?

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Some apps bring air push ads unfortunately. The best way to get rid of them is identify the offending app and delete it. And the best way to do that is download

AirPush Detector

Addons Detector

Mr.a.e.b

Reaction score
Hello I also have to deal with it , I tried airpush detector and adaway I also rooted my phone to have access to adaway , both found out 4 applications that I uninstalled immediately I also turned it off from Google play settings but I still have to deal with it ! it is sooooo annoying and if it keeps up I'm switching phones so please don't let this phone be a total waste anyone help me I'm desperate I'm willing to do anything ! Even if u suggested factory restore , I didn't do That yet thinking I might find a solution here please help :-(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Droid Forums

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Hello I also have to deal with it , I tried airpush detector and adaway I also rooted my phone to have access to adaway , both found out 4 applications that I uninstalled immediately I also turned it off from Google play settings but I still have to deal with it ! it is sooooo annoying and if it keeps up I'm switching phones so please don't let this phone be a total waste anyone help me I'm desperate I'm willing to do anything ! Even if u suggested factory restore , I didn't do That yet thinking I might find a solution here please help :-(

I know this post is old but...... After you deleted the apps did you go into Recovery and wipe Cache and Dalvik? Some of those apps could have left behind some scrape thats still allowing the messages to show.

Mr.a.e.b

Reaction score
Miller6386 said:
I know this post is old but...... After you deleted the apps did you go into Recovery and wipe Cache and Dalvik? Some of those apps could have left behind some scrape thats still allowing the messages to show.

I did not make a recovery I insanely deleted all apps and now I choose my apps carefully and the adds stopped I haven't had an add in nearly 2 weeks :-D

zacedward

Reaction score
Miller6386 said:

How do you get into recovery mode thanks

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
How do you get into recovery mode thanks

Are you stock or rooted? If you are rooted then most custom roms have the feature in the reboot menu. If it isn't there you will need to do it manually.... Power the phone off, Let it sit for a minute to make sure it is all the way off... Hold the Volume UP/Home/Power buttons all at the same time until Samsung flashes on the screen... This will take you into recovery... IF you are still stock (which I will guess you are) there may not be options to clear cache and data (It's been so long since I have seen stock recovery I can't recall) If you have a custom recovery navigate to the wipe options and clear cache and dalvik cache...

zacedward

Reaction score
Miller6386 said:
Are you stock or rooted? If you are rooted then most custom roms have the feature in the reboot menu. If it isn't there you will need to do it manually.... Power the phone off, Let it sit for a minute to make sure it is all the way off... Hold the Volume UP/Home/Power buttons all at the same time until Samsung flashes on the screen... This will take you into recovery... IF you are still stock (which I will guess you are) there may not be options to clear cache and data (It's been so long since I have seen stock recovery I can't recall) If you have a custom recovery navigate to the wipe options and clear cache and dalvik cache...

I'm stock that worked I can clean cache bit it doesn't say Dalvik cache thanks so much appreciated