Anyone know how/where to get a free Droin? Legit?

I don't think that's it at all. Name a place that will hire a 14 year old? Yeah not many! cricket costs $55 a month for talk, text and web even for smartphones. The $15 he mentioned was, I think, for them to activate/ flash the phone on their network.

To the OP, if it is possible to pay cricket to activate another carriers phone then you would have to get a cdma phone..... sprint and Verizon. One that takes a sim card won't work.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Well I'm pretty sure they didn't mean like an actual job with payroll, but he can get a paper rout, do lawns, wash cars, babysit, walk dogs or shower dogs there r plenty of ways to make money as a teenager.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Well I'm pretty sure they didn't mean like an actual job with payroll, but he can get a paper rout, do lawns, wash cars, babysit, walk dogs or shower dogs there r plenty of ways to make money as a teenager.

Precisely! The fact that he bemoans what his parents spend their money on...while he is typing this on his PSP using either the internet at home provided by said parents, or from WiFi of another source...and asking where to get a FREE phone...with no ability to pay for the service he is asking to get...

When I was 14, I mowed lawns for spare cash...and I am sure the same has been done by countless others on here.

Fact is, if you cant work a "real job" because you are too young, and you cant work any other "youth" job, then you probably dont need to have a "smartphone" with a higher priced data package....but thats just my opinion..not like I have a 18 year old and a 20 year old that neither of which have smartphones because "they" personally cant afford them, and I "personally" wont do it for them...:dry:

OP, good luck on the cell phone Genie smiling down upon you in the near future...

Ok I understand where everyone is coming from...... but why can't people just answer his question. How he pays for it is none of (y)our businesses.

OP have u tried craigslist? Sell/ trade some of your stuff for enough money to buy a phone. Some android phones are pretty inexpensive now.

Ok I understand where everyone is coming from...... but why can't people just answer his question. How he pays for it is none of (y)our businesses.

OP have u tried craigslist? Sell/ trade some of your stuff for enough money to buy a phone. Some android phones are pretty inexpensive now.

Thanks for understanding. And im going to look there after school and see what i can find. Thanks.

Its information we need to know in order to make a credible suggestion to his needs.

Well any way, my advice is get a referb from verizon, they sell them for about 20% the original price.

It's really strange that nice things cost money.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Thanks for the people who actually answerd instead of criticising me. Yeah, nice things dont come free, but why blame me for trying and maybe get some luck (which is rather rare :/). I guess my last idea before i give up.. Anyone got an old one they dont use and is CDMA? Dont yell at me for asking. Im just trying.

Last edited:
I respect you for not giving up, but I'm not sure how much help you'll be able to find here. You need to understand that Android phones are a very hot commodity. Since they can receive OS updates, and can be "rooted" (AKA: customized and made to run faster), even the OLD phones, in good working condition, are still worth good money. In most cases, if someone was looking to "get rid of" their old phone, they're going to sell it, not donate it to someone they don't know. Phones that are very cheap online are usually locked down because of a bad ESN and may not be able to be activated for use. But even with a bad ESN, they are NOT free, because people would still use it for parts.

If you could get a real contract started, with sign-up, many places give away free phones after mail-in rebate. Maybe in a couple years when you're working, this will be an option.

I know. I just thought id throw that out there, ya know? It really sucks because, when im intrested in something, i read all i can about it, so i know alot about the Android OS, and no Android to use my information with, lol.

Back