Anyone see this OTA

Nedaroth

Reaction score
http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/OTA-upgrade-has-improved-DROIDs-battery-life-article-a_9053.html

OTA upgrade has improved DROID's battery life

News icon

Published on: Yesterday by PhoneArena Team

showimage.php

advertisment:
B4094452.14;sz=1x1

One of the major complaints against the Motorola DROID has been the short battery life on the device when using multimedia functions. The DROID's battery seemed to quickly lose strength after browsing the web and watching YouTube videos seemed to be a major drain on the power cell. The last two days, a DROID owner named Michael has noticed a big improvement in his phone's battery life, something that we have noticed on our DROID as well. Checking with Verizon, it was confirmed to us that the small OTA upgrade that the DROID received sometime over the last 2-3 days did indeed improve battery life. The upgrade was sent out to prepare the handset for the more substantial upgrade to Android 2.1. If improving the life of the battery is just a side effect of getting the phone ready for the upgraded OS, owners of the model will be happy to take it. Any other DROID owners out there notice an improved battery life the last few days?

Motorola DROID Specifications | Review

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How come they only gave the update out to 25 people?

lol just kidding but it was a small amount of people who got the update.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I still don't get this 'patch' and what it was for. Only thing I've read that made any sense was that it was a patch to fix a bug with phones that were flashed in VZW stores.

Shenanigans :)

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Im still of the opinion that someone messed up and accidently re-pushed 2.0.1 to folks, and they quickly rectified the problem.

Lets face it, its the only explanation that makes any sense as to why nobody else has been getting updated since, and why the build numbers did not change whatsoever.

rschiller

Reaction score
I still don't get this 'patch' and what it was for. Only thing I've read that made any sense was that it was a patch to fix a bug with phones that were flashed in VZW stores.

Maybe, I did receive the patch update this week and when I purchased my Droid it already had 2.01 on it and this was during the OTA rollout. I guess my phone was flashed at the Verizon store, I am not really sure how all that works.

moosc

Reaction score
Moto and vzw have come out and said there has been no OTA either minor or 2.1 they stated last ota was dec.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Mine came with 2.0, but OTA updated itself before I left the VZW store. That was on the 22nd of December.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im still of the opinion that someone messed up and accidently re-pushed 2.0.1 to folks, and they quickly rectified the problem.

Lets face it, its the only explanation that makes any sense as to why nobody else has been getting updated since, and why the build numbers did not change whatsoever.
This makes sense to me.

Maybe, I did receive the patch update this week and when I purchased my Droid it already had 2.01 on it and this was during the OTA rollout. I guess my phone was flashed at the Verizon store, I am not really sure how all that works.
This also makes sense.

I like when a theory has thought behind it, rather than just an article on some web site :)

mikes

Reaction score
Maybe, I did receive the patch update this week and when I purchased my Droid it already had 2.01 on it and this was during the OTA rollout.
What firmware build do you have now (home/menu/settings/about phone/build number - at the bottom)?

drewshaver

Reaction score
its been reported that the size of the updates differ significantly, something like 10 mb v 61 for this update, so this being a 2.0.1 repeat is unlikely if that data is correct

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Most likely the difference between a full os flash and an update flash. Doesn't mean they are any different in the end.

moosc

Reaction score
Why are you guys still talking avout this? There has been no UPDATE end of
Discussion. So just drop it. Motorola and verizon both stated this. So forget about it.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Sorry, but you have no authority to tell me to drop anything.

There WAS an update. There is just no explanation for it, and being that nothing changed, its looking like it was a mistake.

k3ith29

Reaction score
I did get some sort of update monday I think it was. I woke up and my phone said oI needed to update I didnt pay any attention to any changes before or after.