Apps freeze when keyboard is used

Dragonsla

Reaction score
Any app that uses keyboard will freeze and close after 2-3 words are typed! Very annoying.
Example of message I get after freeze:

"Sorry!
Activity Share (in application Facebook) is not responding."

It happened before I upgraded to gingerbread and now just started happening(abt a month after upgrade)

Found out this only happens when I have Multi Touch Keyboard selected as input method.....swype works fine! I would rather not use swype, but its a work around for now.

Any help?

silverfang77

Reaction score
From the home screen you touch Menu>Manage Apps>All>Multitouch Keyboard>touch Clear Data. After that's done, you go back to the home screen and touch Menu>Settings>Language & Keyboard>Multitouch Keyboard>General Settings and uncheck Next Word Prediction.

GeekWife

Reaction score
Thank you, I was also having the same issue. I was about to throw the damn thing against a wall (poor R2).

audthomp

Reaction score
I tried all fixes suggested but to no avail. Here is my situation. . .maybe it's different??

Using the multitouch settings and the manual or touch screen keyboard, when a word prediction bar at the bottom pops up, after about a full sentence, it locks into place, locks my keyboard and I am unable to type.

Sliding the keyboard open or closed does not refresh the screen. I am unable to dim the screen by pushing the power button and there is no response. After a few minutes, the screen refreshes to a different ap (usually the voice command ap or the car docking station) and then closes itself.

After I have the ap closed, the home screen becomes visible BUT. . .here is the frustrating part. . . .the word prediction bar is still at the bottom of the screen I am without the use of any of my home buttons on the body of the phone. I can see the home screen, but can not slide from one page to the next, nor can I select any aps that are currently displayed. The word that locked up on the Word Prediction bar is still fully visible and the screen will not refresh.

Any suggestions?

It's very frustrating as I can not text, email, or use FB. . . .I deleted the FB ap already thinking that was the problem. Guess not. :blink:

Thanks!
~ Audrey
San Clemente, CA

P.S. "Unchecked Word Prediction" . . .has always been unchecked since I have owned the phone.